Barajou no YEEAHHHH BUDDY! IT’S BEEN LICENSED!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Barajou no Kiss has been licensed
for English release by Viz!

Buy it November 2014!
coloring_gooood

If anyone knows us here at Turtle Paradise, you’ll know that little, if anything, gives us as much joy as when a series is licensed for English release. So all of our congratulations to Viz media and Ms. Aya Shouoto for (legally) bringing yet another excellent series to North American shores!

I hope you all will join us in purchasing the series when it becomes available on bookshelves. (And if you’re not sure where to buy it, we’ll help you find links when they’re available!) Of course, please support the author when the official release is available. We will be removing the links to our downloads as the new volumes are released.

Now, to close the curtain on this lovely series. (Appropriate, or ironic? You be the judge.)

barajou40
Barajou no Kiss Punishment 40:
“Farewell”

[Download | Read Online]

barajou-vol9ex
Barajou no Kiss vol. 9 Side chapters:
“Going Rosy!” and “A Certain Girl’s Rose Extravaganza”
[Download | Read Online]

We hope you enjoy the final, super-sized chapter of Barajou! It’s been a fun few years, everyone. Again, we urge you all to delete these chapters once they’re out for English release (if only to spare me the humiliation of airing out my translation errors HAH) and purchase them once they’re available in your area. We hope you enjoyed the series.

(Fair warning: Don’t come in here with excuses as to why you can’t afford it or why you’re pissed about the series being licensed in general, okay? Those comments are not welcome here. Don’t make me feel any guiltier about posting this chapter.)

This entry was posted in Barajou no Kiss, releases. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Barajou no YEEAHHHH BUDDY! IT’S BEEN LICENSED!

1. bee says:

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY, MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. i’ve always wanted this to be licensed, so thank you viz.
    thank you for the final chapter + side stories! i’m gonna buy this anyway but it’ll take a long while for the final volume of barajou to be out in english so i’m happy to be able to read the final chapter now :D thank you TP for all the work you done for barajou 8D

Aaaahhh I can’t wait to see how they do the covers I’M SO EXCITED AAAHHHHHHHHH
    (Gonna buy like 3 copies lmao)

3. Cindy says:

Thank you for the final chapter! I always get really excited when Viz announces a license of a series I enjoy. I can’t wait to see the licensed versions and I plan on buying every volume as soon as it comes out.

Thanks again for all of the scans ^.^ All of your hard work is much appreciated!

4. Rurilyne says:

OHMAHGAWD. I’ve been following you guys since the early days of Barajou, and let me just say that your work is amazing, and thanks so much for bringing this series to us! I’ve been dying to read the last chapter, so thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ll definitely be buying the volumes when they hit shelves, and I haven’t bought manga in years. So thank you for your hard work and introducing me to such a lovely series.

5. Chi says:

dat Mutsuki/Tenjoh
    Bros before hoes.

6. notsoclever_eh says:

Sooo psyched to see the final chapter! I can’t wait to read it ^^
    Thanks for the amazing work you guys have done on this series!

7. Mah says:

I heard about it =D
    Great!!!
    I can’t wait to see the covers too.

8. noctemleya says:

Thank you guys so so so much for sticking to this series until the end. It was a fun ride. :)
    I like to think that it’s also thanks to your work that this series has spread to so many English readers, popularizing Shouoto and contributing to the licensing. It’s finally time to buy it legally.
    Can’t wait to see more great series from you!

9. Raven says:

This is amazing news! Amazing! Thanks for bringing us the translations all this time! I can’t wait to own it. Now, we just need an anime. I shall keep praying for one.

10. BengalCatGirl says:

Thank you so much for doing this whole manga!! It is a great story, can’t wait until the english books are released :)

11. GLMeadow says:

OMG thank you! Thanks to Viz for licensing this amazing series, and most of all thank you to all of you wonderful folks at TP for working so hard to bring us this manga all along. I can’t wait to get the licensed volumes, but I’m especially glad that you released the final chapters now, since waiting for that conclusion would have killed me.
    Off to read the finale…! ^_^

12. Hanayuki says:

It’s been so long since I took the time to check my emails, I only saw today that you posted this awesome news!

And thanks to this, you reminded me that I still only have the 4 first volumes when all 9 are already out in French.
    I used to grab one every time I saw the next one in my fav book store, but I never came across volume five before stopping going for a while and returned to see they didn’t have barajou on the shelves anymore! At least I still can order them there with no additional cost. (Just like I’m doing with Kenshin right now. So many mangas to buy, so little money ;_;)

Thank you so much for the final chapter and the bonus one, I’ll read them when I’ll have a little more time, I just really wanted to comment right now before forgetting!

And I feel like I didn’t say this enough so here : Thank you for all the hard work you put on that series! If it wasn’t for you, I probably wouldn’t have discovered this beautiful manga, even less bought it. So Thanks again!

13. Maverynthia says:

I WILL NOT be buying the manga. I don’t like how ViZ handles there manga at all. Deleting the Japanese SFX and censoring some manga (Full Metal Alchemist). So no, I will not support ViZ.

• Melfra says:

I can appreciate you not liking how Viz handles manga, but please remember that by refusing to support Viz you’re also refusing to support the author. I’m not trying to guilt you into anything, because this is your decision, but it would be good if you kept that in mind.

(this comment seems like it’s coming late but I wasn’t actually planning to reply at all… Free speech and all. But these things also need to be kept in mind.)

14. Jistuce says:

Late as heck to this party, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this one get licensed.
    Gonna seriously damage my man cred to have it sitting on a shelf, though… it’ll probably land right next to Cardcaptor Sakura, even.

As far as THE DRAMA goes…
    I can definitely appreciate being displeased with prospects for the upcoming english release, especially having been recently burned quite badly by Viz on a favored series myself. (The translation was rather blatantly done by someone with no knowledge of the series, no knowledge of the genre, and a burning urge to make changes. The result was just painful.)

It’s an awkward position to be in, and I genuinely wish someone more competent was holding the license.
    I’m giving them a chance, though.

And even if worse comes to worst, they botch everything up completely, and then drop the series halfway through, it won’t ACTUALLY destroy the fine work presented thus far.
    My final settlement on Recently Botched Favorite Series was actually to buy the rest of the official release(That it was short DID play a part in this decision, admittedly), but continue using the fan translations.
    I certainly wish there was an option to just send money directly to Ms. Shouoto instead and give the domestic market nothing but a big sign that says “I will buy things like this IF the release is competent”… I suppose buying japanese volumes gets objective A accomplished, but not B.

Anyways… we’ll see how well this comes out, and hopefully Viz will defy expectations, rise to the occasion, and give this glorious shoujo absurdity the treatment it deserves.
    If not, my shelf will have another minor irritant on it, and I’ve still got access to a release done by people that care.

15. Titus says:

It was hard for me to find your posts in google.
    I found it on 18 position, you have to build some quality
    backlinks , it will help you to get more visitors. I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips and tricks