Author Topic: Guest Suggestion: Migawari Hakushaku no Bouken  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kaori resembles dull Tin.
  • Don't leave things in the fridge.
    • View Profile
    • I Get Hacked Too Much to Use This
Guest Suggestion: Migawari Hakushaku no Bouken
« on: June 21, 2011, 02 AM »
 :happygiri: Ahahaha, I thought I would be helpful and put this up for one of the guests that left a comment on the site page. =3 I didn't want to spam the comments thread with unrelated info. so I thought I would post it here in the suggestions thread. So here's the original "post":

ClaireDeLune 2:33 pm on June 20th, 2011

How’s my favorite scanlation group doing? That’s right, I want something. You see, another scanlation group has dropped one of my favorite series after finishing the first volume. I really liked that series and a whole lot of other people did as well, and I thought you guys might like it too – well enough to scanlate it. You can read what is scanlated so far at oddsquad.org. It is called “Migawari Hakushaku no Bouken” and the next, unscanlated volume is called “Migawari Hakushaku no Kekkon”. If you don’t want another project, fine… but at least do me the favor of reading it first. Thank you.

Sooooo...! Miss Claire, I read it!  :cuteface: Hahaha, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much when I read the summary for it. BUT!  :lolgiri: I ended up liking it a bit more than what I thought I would.

=3 First off, I'd like to say that this manga is pretty interesting. It didn't rub me the wrong way like some other shoujos (I refuse to name that certain one) and it has an interesting plot. I must admit that I'm wanting more.
Here's the link if anyone wants a preview of it:
MIGAWARI_ETC_TOO_LONG_TO_TYPE_LOL_BUT_IM_TYPING_THIS

Ok, now that I said that, cons:

1) Turtle Paradise already has lots of ongoing projects underway. Most of them are incomplete and need attention. (see next note below)
2) TP does not have a whole lot of staff. There's only one translator, a couple of typesetters and quality checkers, and a handful of editors.
3) Would OddSquad pass this project on to other scanlating groups?
4) (see above note) Who would provide the scanlated pages?
5) TP staff's interest in taking it on.

Whelp, I thought I would just put this out there. Miss Claire, I hope this helps because putting a suggestion in the comments for one of our release announcements... is.... well.  :frustrated:

:numnumgiri:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02 AM by Kaori »
Click below to see current work status.

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
Re: Guest Suggestion: Migawari Hakushaku no Bouken
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12 PM »
I half-assed read the first chapter, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Personally, I take offense to the whole "Sister fills in for twin brother while he's missing because THEY'RE IDENTICAL, EVEN THOUGH THAT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE AAHHHHH" trope because it bastardizes twin culture, and that strikes a little too close to home for me. It's a butt-hurt sentiment, but dammit, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

/In before moe-twin jokes.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09 PM »
 :happygiri: Yay, Reb I'm glad you're feeling better! =P That's true, I've met lots of twins and they never are exactly alike.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11 PM »
Protip: what makes identical twins identical is genetic- after fertilization the egg splits in two, which creates identical twins. If multiple eggs are fertilized during conception, then you have fraternal twins. In other words, identical twins are identical because they are essentially the same person created twice, and fraternal twins are as about as identical as any pair of siblings. Any author ignorant enough to think that this can surpass genders doesn't deserve any recognition.

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06 AM »
Ouch, shot down right quick scientifically.  :gasp:

Whelp, there's the verdict Miss (or Mr. :deadface: I just automatically assumed you were a girl, sorry!) Clairedelune. I hope your request was answered to your satisfaction.

:happygiri: Guest Suggestion- Resolved TOPIC LOCKED!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07 PM by Kaori »

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window