Author Topic: Coloring Help  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
Coloring Help
« on: August 13, 2011, 07 AM »
Which one looks better?

I just blurred the left pic in a hurry, so if I do blur it, it'll look better. Also, if anyone has tips on coloring metal, I would greatly appreciate it if you shared. :'D

wolves are cool

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
Re: Coloring Help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09 AM »
Go to deviantart.com and search metal tutorials. I found a bunch of stuff that may help ya. ^^

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05 AM »
Go to deviantart.com and search metal tutorials. I found a bunch of stuff that may help ya. ^^
Hm, really? The last time I checked, I didn't find any that helped much... Maybe my search was too specific? o.o lol I'll try looking again. Thanks, Zippy!

wolves are cool

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10 PM »
The blurred ver looks aces as hell. I like the shading on the right more for the ear, though. Can't place why. Guess I just dig the uber-contrast.

As for metal, I've always found that going really sharp between the highlights and shadows works best. Super contrasty, with minimal blur. What you have for Yuki's dogtag thingie in this picture looks great so far, but I might cut down on the blur just a smidge.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01 AM »
All righty, I think I'll blur it a bit, then. I like the ear and some parts of the skin better on the right side, too.

Ooh, okay. Thanks for the advice, Rebby! The necklace has been bothering me... and I kept looking at the vol2 cover for reference, but I found it hard to apply to a shiny necklace. D: *has a long way to go*

wolves are cool

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window