Author Topic: Need reader suggestions  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Need reader suggestions
« on: April 03, 2012, 07 PM »
Hello all,
In my infinite wisdom I decided to reprogram the reader from scratch for a final project in one of my programming classes. So now I need ideas for what to do. Please think of this as a "wish-list". Not everything will be included, but I'll try my best. If it's feasible, things that aren't added now can always be added later. Hopefully this will also include some ability to customize the reader from your forum profile as well. Here's what I have so far:
  • Allow users to select their max image resolution (probably between 1200/1600)
  • Include administrative backend for approved users (not very relevant, sorry)
  • Redesign the index page (more text, less images. Sorry guys.)
  • Allow inclusion of doujinshi and one-shots (please give some advice how you would like to view doujinshi. By book? By series? or just as one-shots?)
  • Popularity index/views (By series? By chapter?)
  • Random chapter selection (a little useless at this point but maybe interesting later)
  • MAYBE view links to most recent posts in series board (this is a little unlikely. I know how to do it, but I'm not sure that I actually like the idea. Would only implement if people are really interested)
That's what I have so far, aside from a handful of bugs I need to address (like the issue with the chapter/page select displaying twice and the 404 page being ew). Anybody have any other ideas or bug reports? Does...Does anyone here even read our series? D=

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
Re: Need reader suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08 PM »
Maybe you could put all the oneshots in one book (?) And when you click into it you pick what oneshot kinda like how you pick what chapters. Though you loose individual summaries... so maybe that won't work. =/ I dunno... XD

Ummm, I can't really think of anything else. You covered a lot of the big ones. =/

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01 PM »
I was thinking that it wouldn't hurt to consider one-shots to be single chapter series. That way we keep all the relevant info in place. The problem with doujinshi is how broadly they're spread by series. So I guess just putting a prefix with doujinshi and series name in the same place would work.

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03 PM »
Maybe stick a page before each dj with a summary and warnings on it. =/ So people can skip if they want.

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BurntPie resembles dull Tin.
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08 AM »
Well i can't really give that much advice
i haven't used the reader in a while please don't kill me i'm so sorry i'll go use it right now

but for the doujinshi part i think it'll be a good idea!
as for viewing i think series-wise would be good.. but it depends on how many doujinshi's of a series u have...

(ok after reading more posts...)

uhm zippy's suggestion aint bad.. like a short summary write and Doujin notification for each one..
i'm guessing u guys have quite a few slayers doujin so maybe you could sort em in "slayers", other series with many, and "others" ? but it'll still be abit messy tho hmm...
sorry my 2-cents aint that much..
its in asian currency you see. D:

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window