Author Topic: Sword Art Online  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Sword Art Online
« on: November 10, 2012, 01 PM »
It's about time Sword Art Online graced our forum.

When this season started, SAO seemed like the shoe-in show. I mean, everyone was watching it, from me to Reb to Maru to Crobar to Pai - even Strider was watching. And it was awesome. That first arc (for a time) suffered from some awful pacing issues, but altogether it wasn't... well, it wasn't the worst show around, that's for sure.

But then it happened.

Alfheim.

And suddenly SAO was (even more) the most generic thing on the planet and even his sister wanted to get in on it and a;sldjf

so what I'm trying to say is

every week until SAO ends, I think we should get in here and talk about the most recent episode. I need some way to save my twitter feed from my constant SAO sobbing, and there's no way I'm the only one left, right? all the sanes one dropped it?! Might I say this is pretty good timing, since the newest episode airs tonight!

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Offline Anon

• Administrator
  • Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Anon resembles dull Tin.
  • Creator of Awesome Threads
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 04 PM »
Well miss, might you be kind enough to explain what this "Sword Arts Online" is?  :numnumgiri:
Call me Lord Grandfather

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • rainstride resembles dull Tin.
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08 PM »
I'm still watching in the hopes that it will somehow get better. They should have just stuck with the SOA first arc when they were trapped in a game that's trying to kill them. This whole new game/style and the odd incest thing that's going on seems a little out of place. I'm glad that at least they had the original game tie in with the shitty elf game so that kirito is basically cheating and still a high level character. I'm going to watch episode 19 in a little bit then post back I guess.

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BurntPie resembles dull Tin.
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08 PM »
oh what its on episode 19 already ??

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11 PM »
yeah, it was pretty good, or at least a lot better than the last few episodes. I see potential....

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 11 PM »
I'm sort of furious at Kirito. I mean, we've got this whole "oh no 3 days" (or whatever) subplot going on and he's all "lol hey let's play politics with some chick I just met and they're talking about dying like it's a big thing but it's not"

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 12 AM »
I'm sort of furious at Kirito. I mean, we've got this whole "oh no 3 days" (or whatever) subplot going on and he's all "lol hey let's play politics with some chick I just met and they're talking about dying like it's a big thing but it's not"
yeah, I forgot all about the 3 day thing. I can let kirito acting like dying is a big deal slide just because he was trapped in a game that might kill him for like 2 years, so you could chalk it up to habit or ptsd of something. but all the other players should be like "wtf is with this guy?!? not that big a deal bro, chill the fuck out". I did kind of like his new magic trick though, that was kind of neat.

Offline Stranger

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Stranger resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 04 PM »
i am watching and reading it :cuteface:
i was sad when most of the players died

Offline Stranger

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Stranger resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 09 PM »

i am too and does he really have to hide his level and switch team to team.  :gasp:

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09 AM »
Well, I stopped taking this show seriously early on and just watch it for the lulz. :lolgiri:

Lately, though, I'm just getting tired of all the incest crap. "HEY Y'KNOW HOW WE CAN MAKE THIS SHOW MORE GENERIC? BY BOARDING THE INCEST TRAIN!!" Gah, what is up with Japan and incest, anyway?

I hate Sugu and just wish they'd get to the part where Kirito and Asuna meet again or SOMETHING, IDK ANYTHING BUT ALL THIS STUPID DRAMA. How many episodes do we have left, anyway?

wolves are cool

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02 PM »
Is it weird that I hate Sugu but I like leafa?

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 10 PM »
HATE THEM ALLLLL

I think it's scheduled for 26 episodes so we got a little ways to go. Anyway, this week's episode was actually... pretty good? I was shocked

Offline Vylash

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vylash resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 08 PM »
Best show, Kirito-kun forever

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 07 PM »
SHUT UP BASH

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window