Author Topic: Team Ico / the Last Guardian updates and discussion  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Team Ico / the Last Guardian updates and discussion
« on: October 08, 2013, 10 PM »
Anyone following the debacle of the Last Guardian is familiar with the extended hiatus the game has been forced into. It was well known, at the time of conception, that the original Ico was a stress on the PS2's system. The follow up, Shadow of the Colossus, was almost not released on the PS2 due to the strain created on the machine. The result was a version slightly pared down from the original vision (there are rumors of planned additional Colossi, which you can find on several still active SoC forums out there), but still a fantastic game.

So it seems to me that until now, Team Ico has been committed to keeping up with current gen technology for their properties. The Last Guardian (introduced four years ago, in 2009) has become the exception to the rule, as it has all but been confirmed that the game will be released on the upcoming PS4.

Leading me to the point of this topic, to post updates as I see them floating around the internet.

Amusingly, the most recent news for The Last Guardian is... "there is no update!" Apparently, this is news. Thankfully, Shuhei Yoshida all but confirms the PS4 information by refusing to answer which console the game will be on, so in some part, we do have an update.

Obviously for fans of the series, the most promising information is the constant presence of Ueda, who remains involved despite his no-longer-recent departure from the company.

For those of you hearing about Team Ico/SotC, or the Last Guardian today, the first two games are currently available in HD for the PS4. Ico remains one of my favorite games of all time, and the logic in the SotC battles is immensely fun. Ico especially is perfect for the casual gamer, so I strongly recommend it!

The Last Guardian E3 2009 Trailer

For anyone else, what about some speculation? What do you guys think we will see or want to see in this newest installment? Fan theory suggests that Ico and SotC are related due to the presence of godlike creatures and the horned children. Do you think the Last Guardian will strengthen this?

General discussion on any Team Ico games is OK, too!

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window