• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LiluDallas resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
E3
« on: June 09, 2009, 11 PM »
Yay!!!
Title says it all, what where y'alls thoughts on E3 this year?
Komm, süsser Tod

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Re: E3
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12 AM »
For once I didn't follow it, but Final Fantasy XIV is going to be an MMO? Sorry, but methinks Squenix has finally run out of ideas. From what I understand, XI actually had a decent plot, but the difficulty of grinding in an MMO just to advance the storyline really doesn't make the effort worth it. It would be one thing if Square's MMOs were popular stateside, but when I played, it was insanely difficult to find anyone who wanted to party. Take the apathy of EQ's players over time and multiply that by three, then you've got a decent idea of how reclusive FF MMO players are. I mean, cripes.

Offline Revamp

• Heineken
  • Revamp resembles dull Tin.
  • Killing them loudly... with a Chainsaw! RRRRRR
    • View Profile
    • STRIKEDOWN - DOGS RP
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12 AM »
GS3 all the way, baby! I've been a fan since the very first game, and now after six years a third ones in the works! God bless ya, Camelot!

REVAMP

Offline LiluDallas

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11 AM »
I can't figure out what GS3 means >_<
Personally I loved The last Guardian (same company as Shadow of the Colossus)
As for final fantasy, FFXIII looks amazing always has, and I really like the english voices, I'm pretty sure we're all just counting down the days until its release, Dissidia too. Now when he said Final Fantasy XIV I was crazy exited! Then they showed that...  :deadface:
I give you props (PROPS!!!!!!) Melfra for at least trying XI I wouldn't even touch it. Actually I didn't know anyone who played it, and I'm sure those who did like you said didn't want to play with others Sigh if it didn't work the first time then why try again?
Komm, süsser Tod

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12 PM »
No kidding! Apparently it still has a small following stateside, but all the players are so high level that they just don't want to play with noobs. Oh, how I wish for an accepting community like EQ back in the day, where random high levels would just unload their junk gear on an unsuspecting noob! Yeah, that was a great community... WoW got close from time to time, but I never quite felt the camaraderie that EQ possessed. Still, I'll probably give XIV a try, just to see how it rolls. And I am terribly excited about XIII, especially the graphics! I think I'll save up for my own PS3 to try it out. Why not? Still, it's ironic how cinematic games are these days. I remember all the crap Parasite Eve got when it was released for having so many cutscenes. The number in that game doesn't even come close to the stuff these days! I wonder if everyone has just become so detached from their video games that they would rather sit back and watch the events unfold rather than participate in them? I hope this cinematic thing doesn't go too much farther, because frankly, I enjoy having an active part in the games I play!

Wait, for some reason I'm thinking about the Bouncer again. Damn, that game was epic. In a fail kind of way, but god I loved it. Why can't SE do dual audio tracks like they did before?

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02 PM »
I guess FFXIV is going to be more single-player quest friendly. So hopefully no more being chased by a dozen rabbits until you reach level 5 . . . , Call of Duty Mordern Warfar 2 looks amazing, but then again, I love that series too much to be called a fair and balanced observer.   Mass Effect 2 looks interesting, even if the tech doesn't look all that more advanced.
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Revamp

• Heineken
  • Revamp resembles dull Tin.
  • Killing them loudly... with a Chainsaw! RRRRRR
    • View Profile
    • STRIKEDOWN - DOGS RP
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07 PM »
GS3 is Golden Sun 3

REVAMP

Offline LiluDallas

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11 PM »
oh! I played the first Golden Sun (very cool game I love Isaac  :rabugiri:) Call of Duty impressed me, considering the first was pretty amazing e this one is gonna have to be godly to impress. Don't really care about God of War, it's just the same ol thing (and yes it is getting old) also have you guys seen this

I'm calling shenanigans on this!
Komm, süsser Tod

Offline Otaku100

• Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Otaku100 resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 05 PM »
I can't wait for Metroid Other M.
"I thought it was shoot the kid and keep the parents alive........whoops."

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02 PM »
I'm looking foward to Dissiada. Seeing all the pixel FF in CG gave me a fangasm. I can't wait to play as Terra. That and FFXIII looks sweet. I'll be buying that one. Though I heard a rumor that they were planning to put it one the Xbox 360 and not the PS3. Just a rumor though so don't quote me.

And I'm sure there will be other games out that I want to play, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to E3.  :blah:

Offline Otaku100

• Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Otaku100 resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 07 PM »
Dissidia looks good, but I don't have a PSP anymore.....
"I thought it was shoot the kid and keep the parents alive........whoops."

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window