Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Merlock

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Merlock resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: March 27, 2015, 07 AM »
Hi!

This is my first post on this topic. I'm French and I'm forty, which, I guess, makers me some kind of a "papy" on this forum...

I discovered the turtle-paradise’s forum because of the French site "Tout sur Slayers" (I believe you have heard of it).

I am, what one could call a "new" Slayers Fan, having discovered the Anime only recently (long story), I immediately rushed for more and have purchased most of the OAVs and Tokyopop’s novels.

Finally, I also have translated from English to French your own translation of "Slayers Special: Wrongfully Accused" short story.

Just in case, it can be read online here:
http://slayersevolution-r.forumactif.org/t472-slayers-special-traduction-francaise-integrale-de-wrongfully-accused

The reason I registered on turtle-paradise’s forum, is first and foremost to thank you for the excellent work you are doing.

Indeed, I have really enjoyed both reading AND translating your text, whose style and tone are really close from Tokyopop’s and very, well… how could I say that? “Slayeresque”, maybe ?

So, I expected that I could, err… encourage you to go on with your Slayers translations.

Stay sure I’d be more than happy to read them and, why not, translate them back for us, French Slayers fans…

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07 AM by Merlock »

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kaori resembles dull Tin.
  • Don't leave things in the fridge.
    • View Profile
    • I Get Hacked Too Much to Use This
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 02 PM »
 :happygiri: -waves hello-
Click below to see current work status.

Offline Merlock

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09 AM »
Thanks !

Offline Shadow

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Shadow resembles dull Tin.
  • I laugh in the face of awkwardness!! ... Not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07 AM »
'Ello, bonjour, how do you do? Nice to meet you, I'm Shadow, Shadomi, Nommie, or something along those lines.

Currently very unactive, but certainly alive, totally useless member for a few years, usually lurking somewhere in the shadows, coming up with long and complex sentences in a language that is not my own and therefore they are usually quite unfathomable. Yay!

I wish I could speak French, but 3 years of studying hasn't gotten me so far yet, so we'll see. Do stop by the chat sometime so I get something to read.  :cuteface:
Yay.

Offline Merlock

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 06 AM »
Hello Shadow! Nice to meet you, too!

I'm still lurking the forum and hoping for some new Slayers translations. As regards the chat, well... I'll try to go here too, but I'm a bit overbooked, those times... (I just finished a new translation to French)

Thanks for your kind words and, well, keep sharpening your French, who know if this may not help you one day or another ?

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11 AM »
I knew there was lurkers!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

I'm probably the 2nd oldest person here. . .tender age of 32. . .

Come down to the chat box! That's where the action is . .. when there's action....we're so dead....
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 04 PM »
Dead as hell, my friend, dead as hell.
Hopefully your presence is enough to get our translator to get working on some stuff, heh...

Welcome to the site!

Offline Merlock

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 07 AM »
Well... not THAT dead, since you're still here...

And if my presence is enough to get your translator to get working on some Slayers stuff, that's ace to me!
Meanwhile, stay assured that I shall immediately follow his work with my own English-to-French translation…

That a kind of a teamwork, don’t you think?

Slayers not dead!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07 AM by Merlock »

Offline Justafan

• Heineken
  • Justafan resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11 PM »
Bonjour!

I'm new here tooo~ :]

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 08 PM »
Dag nabbit, if I'd had known people were still reading I would have stepped up my game!

No promises, but, well... I'll try, lol. (I'd like to move more towards translating novels, but eh... Manga is also okie doke)
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Merlock

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 02 PM »
Dag nabbit, if I'd had known people were still reading I would have stepped up my game!

No promises, but, well... I'll try, lol. (I'd like to move more towards translating novels, but eh... Manga is also okie doke)

Nice, nice!! I sent you a PM!  :cuteface:

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window