Author Topic: No One Expects The Eurovision Contestants!  (Read 46 times)

Offline Anon

• Administrator
  • Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Anon resembles dull Tin.
  • Creator of Awesome Threads
    • View Profile
No One Expects The Eurovision Contestants!
« on: May 13, 2017, 04 AM »
Eurovision is back!

This year the contest takes place in Kiev after Ukrainie's JAmala won with "Genocide by Russia", a song that neither the viewers nor the juries thought was the best, but both thought was pretty good. It's seriously cool, go check it out.

Runner up was Australia's Dami Im with "Barbie Girl". This one is far less cool, so you can totally skip it.

For some reason Sweden got a decent result with a fifth place, even though we sent a very boring song. Don't look it up.

But that's enough of a history lesson, who are competing for the top spot this year?

A minor disclaimer: it's much harder to predict the field this time than two years ago, as there's no star entry like Mums Måns.

Just like always we have a quite diverse (and strange) field of contestants.

Of the Big Five (France, Spain, Italy, Germany and UK) I only give UK's Lucie Jones with the ballad "Firestorm", I think she'll reach top 13, highest of the Big Five. Betting services Italy as a top contestant but I think they sent a crappy contestant and it's going to show in the results.

A fun entry is Belarus's Naviband with "Is this country? I think this is country". I'm honestly surprised to find them in the finals but it's a fun entry. It's not a winner, but possibly top 10.

Armenia's Artsvik with "Creepy and Flames" might do rather well, since it's creepy in the right way. Top 8 I say!

Moldova gets a honorary mention for sending Epic Sax Guy again. This time they're sending The Sunstroke Project with "Might I sleep with your daughter m'lady (tips fedora)". Yeah, it's awful, I  call Bottom Six on it.

The next interesting entry is Cyprus who're sending Hovig with "One Leg" It's not a winner, but it might do well enough for Top 8 which would be a very good result for Cyprus.

The next contestant isn't good, but it's definitely very fun: Romania sending Ilinca ft. Alex Florea with the song "Unintelligible" this one is going to end up somewhere between place 10 and 20. It's good to have something strange near the end to wake up all those who've fallen asleep by now.

Next we have Ukraine, the host, who despite hosting is participating with a decent entry. They're sending O.Torvald with "Laser Eyes". It's ending up in top 13, which is rather good for a hosting nation.

The last interesting entry is Sweden's Robin Bengtsson with "I Can't Stop" which I initially believed to be unable would be unable to reach the finals. However, after watching the rest of the entries then I do understand why the bets are placing him in the top. There really is nothing better in the contest.

The contest starts in 8 hours and 18 minutes from now.
Be There or be Not Fabulous!
Call me Lord Grandfather

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window