Author Topic: Slayers Doujinshi?  (Read 16668 times)

Offline ryals_shoal

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ryals_shoal resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Website
Slayers Doujinshi?
« on: July 16, 2009, 03 AM »
I love all the doujinshi scans (especially the FFVII!) that Turtle Paradise releases, but truth be told, I was disappointed to find no Slayers Doujinshi available at Turtle Paradise where so much Slayers goodness is already to be found. I personally own several appropriate Slayers Doujinshi that I'm willing to scan for this site, translated Slayers  doujinshi is so hard to come by!

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
Re: Slayers Doujinshi?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04 AM »
We just do doujins when we're bored . . . or when Rebmastu decides that we must.  Plus most doujins (espeically Slayers these days) are printed in really low quantities so not only are they kinda hard to find sometimes but destroying them in order to scan them kinda tears at the heartstrings . . .
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11 AM »
Slayers doujinshi? Friggin' fabulous. While most of Melly's and my collection consists of Final Fantasy VII stuff since it's our biggest fandom, but we do have a most excellent doujinshi Tom scanned in from his collection sitting on the backburner; unfortunately, we're (It would be better to say "I" in this case) unsure of how fans would receive the story, since it takes place directly after the fifteenth novel and would thus appeal to a very small margin of the English-speaking reader audience.

Doesn't make it any less of an awesome read, though.

But anyway, if you do have any Slayers doujin to offer, go right ahead! Oh, but... no BL, please. Tom would probably cry. =P
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline ryals_shoal

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12 PM »
As much as I like to make boys cry with my BL doujinshi, I do own some doujinshi that are tears free, and my best buddy has several more doujinshi (as well as the famous 'Love Destroyer' doujin) that she's willing to donate for the cause of Slayers fandom. I'll sort out my collection and post links to what I have, a brief synopsis and the # of workable pages to see what seem most worthy of TP's caliber  :numnumgiri:

Offline Moonshayde

• Staff
  • Mulled Wine
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Moonshayde resembles dull Tin.
  • The greater of two evils.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blargh
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 03 PM »
I'm always up for editing.  When we finally get the house in livable condition I'll be able to edit more.
I could kill my friend.  She had a whole  bunch from about 10 years ago that she sold off to buy a laptop.... GRAH!
I'll get her later.
Grrrr.....

Offline ryals_shoal

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Website
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02 AM »
 :deadface:

I'm almost done scanning the Doujinshi FIRST, a normal all character story rated G-PG. It's basically about the characters talking about their first experiences doing various things (it has Lina as a little 'un with Luna, Zelgadiss with Rezo, etc.) From what I can tell, it is all humerous/gag in the zany Slayers spirit!

You can see it up on Ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAYERS-FAN-Doujinshi-Lina-Gourry-Amelia-Zell-FIRST_W0QQitemZ130263817855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e54541e7f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Ye gods! $27.99?!! Good thing I got this doujinshi under $10...

Also, what format would be best to submit this doujinshi? (E-mail or whatever...)

Offline Tom the Mighty

• Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 03 AM »
egads! I know the feeling of wanting something translated real bad but this is YOUR money we are talking about here!

P.S., you do know how to debind and properly scan manga pages in right?

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09 AM »
Well, the book doesn't necessarily have to be debound to get good scans. I usually keep my doujinshi intact and scan by pressing the book on the scanner. It generally works well unless it results in a particularly difficult edit job (ie, two pagers), then I kind of, you know, have to debind it.

Offline Caireach

• Heineken
  • Caireach resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • My much-neglected LJ
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02 PM »
I actually have a Slayers doujin somewhere that a friend sent me years ago as part of a trade (I was supposed to get the first TRY filmbook out of it, but she threw it in as a bonus or something, I guess).  But, uh, as far as I can tell, it's... shounen ai.  Nothing graphic, but would it still make Tom cry? :P

Offline Tom the Mighty

• Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02 PM »
it would make me vomit in sorrow

Offline Dizzy

• Staff
  • Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Dizzy resembles dull Tin.
  • OMG look! I'm falling! *THUD*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07 PM »
I actually have a Slayers doujin somewhere that a friend sent me years ago as part of a trade (I was supposed to get the first TRY filmbook out of it, but she threw it in as a bonus or something, I guess).  But, uh, as far as I can tell, it's... shounen ai.  Nothing graphic, but would it still make Tom cry? :P

In all honesty, and saying this while trying to not offend any Salyers-slash fans, I very much agree with Tom here lol XD Not that I mind BL,  not at all! But when Slayers is concerned... Mmm, no, doesn't really fit, imho
Kurai yo! Semai yo! KOWAI YO!

Offline Caireach

• Heineken
  • Caireach resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • My much-neglected LJ
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07 PM »
Well, you are saved from vomiting in sorrow, because I actually dug it out of storage today, and it's not BL after all-- I think I might've misremembered the contents because there are some nudity jokes, and a fair amount of fanservice of the shirtless male variety.  It's pretty much a gag doujin on the whole as far as I can tell, though there are several pages of nothing but text, one of which might be some kind of short fanfic. (Having minimal Japanese knowledge, I... couldn't tell what it was.)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 08 PM »
All the BL hate going on in here!

(well, I don't mind it when it's done right. Or when it's Xelloss and Zelgadiss, haw)

Offline Moonshayde

• Staff
  • Mulled Wine
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Moonshayde resembles dull Tin.
  • The greater of two evils.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blargh
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 11 PM »
Zel-Xel is one of my guilty pleasures.  I don't understand it but it makes me smile in a delicious, dirty way.

Offline ryals_shoal

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Website
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 06 AM »
Ho ho ho! Love for the BL! >:D

I've never thought of debinding my books (and the thought of doing it to my doujinshi makes me want to cry in a sad panda kind of way :weepygiri:)

I was able to scan the whole doujinshi the traditional method. It was a short doujin (only 20 pages) so it wasn't too difficult to scan. What step should I take next on submitting the scans? Also, I am open for editing these pages as well...

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window