Author Topic: Slayers Doujinshi?  (Read 16658 times)

Offline Otaku100

• Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Otaku100 resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayers Doujinshi?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 04 PM »
Ugh.........
"I thought it was shoot the kid and keep the parents alive........whoops."

Offline irk

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • irk resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • The Peacock King
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 04 PM »
Oh goodness, I've got a whole stack of Slayers doujinshi I've never scanned.  General/parody, BL, yuri, hentai, you name it.  Bought most of em in lots a few years back.  Most are Xelloss/mazoku-centric, and I have a lot of Xel/Lina stuff (My favorite pairing, though I'm good for pretty much any pairing a fan can muster if it's well-done/funny enough).  I've got everything from Xel/Gourry gag pairing to all of the cast dressed as gun-toting nuns.

I have a scanner too, but I'm not really enthused about ripping the binding for flat scans.  Unless there was a good way to archive em afterwards... I really wouldn't mind sharing these with a bunch of Slayers fans instead of just hoarding them to myself where they just stay on a shelf most of the time, you know?  Might be able to get away with not debinding, though.

Anyway, this thread seems to have died out back in July so I'm not sure if there's much interest. nn;
The Peacock King - Is a mere servant a match for the ruler of half the known world? Probably not.

Art!

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 04 PM »
Bah, all of our threads have died at some point or another, but that's never stopped anyone from reviving them. (And indeed, feel free to do so!) Personally, I'd love to have some decent Slayers on my HD, or my book shelves for that matter, but I'm pretty picky about what I buy... well, for the most part. Gen's my favorite sauce. Gimme some good ol' ACTION!
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline irk

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • The Peacock King
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 05 PM »
I might start looking through them for something to post, then. I CAN'T READ THESE so I can't tell you if the story is any good though!  Some of these are full of bizarre 4-komas, some are super-serious (or look it at least)...

Anybody have favorite circles? I have two Shisinden (well, the only two Slayers doujinshi by them I think) and some Himuro Doll (my favorite circle even though the characters are so skinny that they're hideously deformed around the midsection/ribcage). I also have three Rui Araizumi doujinshi that are mostly sketch art/guest spots (and two Lamune stories).  (He's also done one or two Ranma 1/2 doujinshi back in the day but I never found em online other than a cover scan, which I've lost. ;_; But it certainly explains Sherra's Ranma design homage.)

...Speaking of Sherra, here's the cover of one of those: http://img43.yfrog.com/img43/5641/1018091410a.jpg

Anyway, I'll see if I can pick out a fav and then start getting scans up in a week or so. I freelance from home so I'm gonna try reserving fanwork for Sundays, when I force myself not to do any business.  Right now I'm still house-cleaning though. x_x
The Peacock King - Is a mere servant a match for the ruler of half the known world? Probably not.

Art!

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 05 PM »
Ohhh! You have Araizumi's sketch collections? He did one with Lina and Lyos on the cover, if I'm not mistaken, and I've been hunting for it ever since I saw it on a French forum.

But yeah, if you ever have time to take pictures or do flat-out scans, I'd love to translate 'em. We're going to be doing a "12 days of doujinshi" thing for Christmas this year, and Slayers is sadly very much underrepresented, except for an excellent post-novel book that Tom scanned in.

Offline starryangel

• Heineken
  • starryangel resembles dull Tin.
  • ★+rOCK oN★+
    • View Profile
    • ★+νισℓєт & уσυинα'ѕ fαиfι¢тισиαℓ ωσяℓ∂★+
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 12 AM »

:rabugiri: :rabugiri: :rabugiri:
★+รtคггאคภﻮєl★+

Offline irk

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • The Peacock King
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 12 AM »
I can tackle it soon, then. I'll start with Rui's - not much to translate there.  I think I have the sketch collection you're talking about:

http://img19.yfrog.com/img19/3991/1018092122a.jpg

It's a bunch of random sketches by random artists! I think the artist of Dragon Half contributed. Not much Slayers or Rui content in there, I was kinda thrown off when it came in the mail.  (Unless Rui is drawing many anime in the styles of many other artists. In which case, it's still kind of confusing.) Sherra'sboobs sketch collection is much the same.  The Lamune doujinshi has a lot more Slayers sketches in it. (Logic Fault Error)

I'll scan in something more um... plotty too. x3

Art!

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 12 AM »
Gasp, you do! =DDD Would you mind terribly scanning in the cover? x3 It's ridiculously adorable. (Speaking of which, is it made of a semi-transparent material? Kind of looks like it)

And I'll tackle whatever you throw at me. x3

Offline irk

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • The Peacock King
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 01 AM »
Can do, for both. Will post em up, uh soon. x3  The cover's a card stock that's got a marbleish texture to it.

Art!

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 07 AM »
YESSS DOUJINSHIII!

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 09 AM »
Homfg Irk, you're AMAZIIING.

Offline Moonshayde

• Staff
  • Mulled Wine
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Moonshayde resembles dull Tin.
  • The greater of two evils.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blargh
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 12 AM »
I love all of yoooooooou! =3 Love love love love!

Offline Darkstar

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Darkstar is a lone Electron.
  • BANNED, LOL
    • View Profile
    • Slayersforever
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 12 PM »
well i am not sure the only one i have are hentai and that because i found a random zip file that have over 29 of them and i pretty much download anything with slayers on it

yea delicious

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window