Author Topic: Gakuen Datenroku ends in Asuka 10/09  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
Gakuen Datenroku ends in Asuka 10/09
« on: August 31, 2009, 03 PM »
I just received my issue of Asuka Magazine in the mail today, and Evangelion: Gakuen Datenroku has come to an end at 22 chapters. I can't really express my thoughts on the chapter itself, since it followed up on a plot line that hasn't been introduced in what we've scanlated so far, but I will say that Ming's art did improve somewhat for this chapter, but it seems mostly in regards to Asuka herself. (Kind of hard not to, lawl. But she did get some massive moe points.)

As for my thoughts to the ending... Well, it seemed rushed, and a lot of plot points were left un-addressed, leaving me with the feeling that perhaps it wasn't very popular at all, which is especially evidenced in the recent lack of color-pages aside from the obligatory two-page spreads which are included at the beginning of new volumes - and since color = popularity, well, I think we can infer the rest from there.

But with that said, it looks like volume four will bring the story to a close, and while the release date wasn't announced in this issue, I have no doubt that it will be within the next month or so. Until then, we're currently working on re-doing the first chapters a few at a time, so look forward to a high-quality finished release!
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Noca

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noca resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • a good amount of Kaworu
Re: Gakuen Datenroku ends in Asuka 10/09
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10 PM »
Wow...this is really sad. Thanks for the update on the series, though. I'm just wondering about something and I don't know if you can answer it, but was Kaworu's past (and future) explained at least? I just can't believe Gakuen Datenroku ended like that. It seemed like it would go on for a lot longer. Jeez...

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11 PM »
Nah, not particularly. HERE, HAVE A SPOILER TAG FOR MORE INFORMATION!

(click to show/hide)

Ehhh, explaining anything other than that is kind of difficult since it relies on plot points that haven't been introduced yet, so I'd have to go back a ways... But blah. Anywho, yeah. Pretty sure the series was cut a lot shorter than it was originally planned for, since it was all kind of abrupt. Don't get me wrong, everything was wrapped up cleanly, it was just really, REALLY rushed.

Great thing about it is it has a call-back to the original Eva at the end with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking to school in the same uniforms they wear in the series. (Granted, it might just be the Nerv Academy summer uniform.... Buuut whatever, lawl.)

Offline Red Allister

• Heineken
  • Red Allister resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03 PM »
So when will we be able to read vol4? i tihnk we waited quite a while.  :pshyeah:

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05 PM »
Well, that's what the whole donation drive's all about - we don't have the money to order it, so we're trying to raise money on the main site.

Offline Red Allister

• Heineken
  • Red Allister resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03 PM »
ohhhh....i see, well i'll see what i can give, 60 bucks and you already have around 40? a 20 wouldnt hurt. :pshyeah:

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window