Author Topic: Chat Box  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Revamp

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Revamp resembles dull Tin.
  • Killing them loudly... with a Chainsaw! RRRRRR
    • View Profile
    • STRIKEDOWN - DOGS RP
Chat Box
« on: May 16, 2009, 01 AM »
We need a chat box T____T I wanna spam it up with crazy talking to people. I recommend embeding the http://cbox.ws/?r=6-129914 site chat box, because its simple and easy to use. Plus, the colors are selectable to match the site design. I figure White and Gray with Red text? Anyway, lets get some thoughts people!

REVAMP

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
Re: Chat Box
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09 AM »
That sounds pretty cool, but we don't have many members yet, so maybe we should wait until we get a boost in traffic.  :happygiri: I like the idea though! =D
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Maruna

• Grappa
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Maruna resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04 PM »
If there's a chat box for me to lurk in, I shall lurk in it all day, and all night. I'll never be able to leave the forum, because I'll be so terrified that I may be missing out on crazy hi-jinks and hilarity.

But, sure, why not? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 05 PM »
Hmmm, well, if we've got people behind the idea, then I'll look into incorporating one. What harm could it do?

(oh god, Don't make me regret that  :gasp:)

yaoidemoness

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 02 PM »
*This isn't a bash post just reality and sometimes you have to face it even if you're a crazy person. . . like me 90% of the time! the 10% is as normal as it will ever get! You know the reason why anime isn't being translated fast enough is because its being said that it's for fun. U don't become anime club officer b/c it's fun you be come it to bring together ppl who can understand the complex weirdness of others. Translating anime is the same thing. You do it to bring happy psyconess to anime fans that r already hyped on sugar. So don't pull the 'its a hobby not a job' speech b/c that kind of thinking is what caused the issue of not being able to translate fast enough. You need to b serious if you want something done or we are all screwed. :blank:

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03 PM »
*This isn't a bash post just reality and sometimes you have to face it even if you're a crazy person. . . like me 90% of the time! the 10% is as normal as it will ever get! You know the reason why anime isn't being translated fast enough is because its being said that it's for fun. U don't become anime club officer b/c it's fun you be come it to bring together ppl who can understand the complex weirdness of others. Translating anime is the same thing. You do it to bring happy psyconess to anime fans that r already hyped on sugar. So don't pull the 'its a hobby not a job' speech b/c that kind of thinking is what caused the issue of not being able to translate fast enough. You need to b serious if you want something done or we are all screwed. :blank:

I already don't like you.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 09 PM »

Offline Shirozaki

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ~~♥
  • Staff
  • Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Shirozaki resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 09 PM »
You're funny. I like that.

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BurntPie resembles dull Tin.
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 08 AM »

Offline Sno-Oki

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sno-Oki resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART Account
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 06 PM »

1) What the hell did that have to with "Chatbox"?

2) Anime and manga IS for fun. Scanlators have lives you know, and they can't just spend all of their life on Photoshop fixing the bleed-throughs or looking up that elusive kanji that completely changes the plot in a series! While Turtle-P does a better job than many official series publishers (in my opinion anyway), this isn't a job that will bring in money for them!
And if you're whining about how long it takes Turtle-P take to release a new chapter think about the amount of work they put into each chapter! Have you even SEEN the quality of some of those magazine pages when they're scanned in? They're all grey and icky, and have major bleed-throughs, dust-spots, ink rubbing off...It's a big job, okay?! Not to forget the editing and typesetting (my GOD, the typesetting).
While the official source points for these manga get the pages in high-quality resolution, they still have to do the same thing. It might take longer for them, because they have to talk to the author, the Japanese publishing company, translate it, fix up the pages so there's no outline of the original kanji, AND they're probably working on ten or eleven different series at once!

The point is that you're in no position to whine, and we're not "doomed" if all the scanlators just up and left. We still have official publishing companies that will translate for us. However, I would be exceptionally sad if the all of scanlators DID up and leave, but it doesn't seem a very likely event. Unless there was a mass C&D sent out. (Logistically impossible).

I'm not sure if it was my job to say any of that, so Reb/Melly, feel free to delete it.

P.S. 3) Quality takes time. While Turtle-P may be a "hobby, not a job", as you put it, they're not going to sacrifice their whole social life for, what can be counted as, an illegal activity. "It's not being translated fast enough" is bull, and Turtle-P are VERY serious about what they do (most of the time anyway), and they DO get things done.

Again, I'm not quite sure why you decided to bring this up. WTF?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06 PM by Sno-Oki »
D.N.Angel Addict. 'Nuff said.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 07 PM »
@Sno
They're totally a troll, don't worry about it. And feel free to say whatever you want, since we're not the thought police or anything.

Anyway, this topic has gotten terribly derailed and just openly hostile, so consider it locked!

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window