Author Topic: Visual Novels  (Read 8398 times)

Offline c0de_da1sy

• One who's here 4 the lulz
  • Staff
  • Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • c0de_da1sy resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Novels
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 03 AM »
Oh goddammit, you beat me to it, Daisy xD

I was like, this close to taking a text hooker to the original. Wonder if they're going to bring any of the spinoffs or fandisks?

bwahaha! xD

I was sooooo close to importing the thing, but alas, I just had to save myself money~
I really don't mind paying more money for some awesome extras.
If I remember, it's gonna be Japanese-voiced, right? so maybe there's possibilities of spinoffs IwantSSL
Well, hey, the same company is releasing a limited edition of Fate/Extra, so I'm sure if it sells well they'll be willing to go all out!

still hasn't watched the rest of the anime lol

They're also releasing a limited/special edition of Hakuouki, so I'm just gonna get my hopes up! >_<
---
OMG JAST USA had total NitroPlus lust this year! I mean, 5/7 games are Nitro+

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-03/jast-usa-looking-into-licensing-starry-sky-project

I hope they license Starry Sky! those boys aren't getting any older for me! I want Autumn! ;_;
Because her tears are oh-so-delicious...& uber cute xD

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 06 AM »
I was playing Ijiwaru my Master the same way- it was surprisingly understandable, but you need to find the character's JP names and insert them into the translator. The translators themselves are really complicated, but a really popular one is translation aggregator. It runs through like five different translation tools, so it's easier to logic through the sentences. Sure, you have to chew on every line, but I might prefer that =P
Yeah! I think it was called Aggregator. I remember it being kinda complicated, not really getting the clipboard thing, and yadda yadda.

Hakuouki and Starry Sky, eh? I haven't finished the second season of Hakuouki, and I just kinda stopped watching Starry Sky, but I did read some reviews for it. lawl at the kissing your screen type of images.

wolves are cool

Offline Celsia Yew

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Celsia Yew resembles dull Tin.
  • immortal saddness
    • View Profile
    • Himemiya Himiko
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 10 PM »
As I woke up like 3 hours ago, my day was made with this:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/02/hakuoki-demon-of-the-fleeting-blossom-will-be-north-americas-first-otome-game/

I don't care that it's old gonna be here in 2012, I wantz it so bad!  :pshyeah:
Thats amazing!!! I love hakuoki~
I wonder if they'll make it for other consols other that the psp :/ cuz i have like everything except for the psp and the new xbox oh and the game cube
Has returned from nowhere. :)

Offline Amara.

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Amara. resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 06 PM »
Most of the VN's I've played her 18+ hehe.  :moegiri:

My most favorite game has to be Under the Moon, I really enjoyed the art but ero scenes were meh.

I've played some all ages too and my favorite is Love Revo, losing weight was a bit tedious and this siscon was a bit...weird, but overall it was a really cute game. I've also played Asaki, Yumemishi and enjoyed that as well :)

I didn't think the RE::Alistar was that bad...

But I've always wanted to play the game Dear My Sun, so cute >.<
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06 PM by Amara. »

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 09 AM »
Sooooooo, I started playing Brothers Conflict a while ago, despite my disapproval of incest, 'cuz it's for the PSP, and I always wondered what otome games were like. wow that was a mouthful

It's, uh... Well, it's interesting. And either I'm doing a lot better than I thought, or this game is just really easy. I have only my weeaboo Japanese skills to rely on, so I get the gist of what everyone's saying, but I can't read kanji, so I don't really know what the heroine's saying at times. -.- It's a good way to learn Japanese, though, so ¯\(°_o)/¯

wolves are cool

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BurntPie resembles dull Tin.
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 10 AM »
CLOV3R, TIRELESSLY MAKING THE FORUMS ACTIVE WITH ACTUAL MEANINGFUL POSTS. /salute

i really really really should install tsukihime and fate/stay night... but.. hnnghh.. .. .. lazy...

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11 AM »
I was in the middle of UBW when my computer said fuck you, so no gaming for me lately.
I really want to get Hakuoki though (*/∇\*)

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 12 PM »
is hakuoki is in jap? .-.

i'd probably start on the VNs after my jap classes at end june.. lawl

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 01 PM »
Hakuoki just got released in English. like an actual legit company. and you can buy it and it has goodies and as;lkdfj Hakuoki

Offline BurntPie

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Please Love Me ;A;
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 01 PM »
coool might check it out.. although going by the trend of VN's discussed here i don't know if i should..

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 02 PM »
Well, it's an otome game (apparently really well written) so it goes with kind of a "choose a guy, get a story" path instead of a single storyline... but that doesn't mean guys can't enjoy it either. I play bishoujo games all the time! (or at least, I did when I had the time lol). If you're wondering about the ero element, from what I understand it doesn't have any of that.

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 11 PM »
CLOV3R, TIRELESSLY MAKING THE FORUMS ACTIVE WITH ACTUAL MEANINGFUL POSTS. /salute

i really really really should install tsukihime and fate/stay night... but.. hnnghh.. .. .. lazy...
/bows I TRY.

Hakuoki just got released in English. like an actual legit company. and you can buy it and it has goodies and as;lkdfj Hakuoki
Ooooh, yeah, heard about that. I don't feel like shelling out forty bucks for a visual novel, though... I mean, I'd rather buy an actual video game than a novel if they're the same price, y'know? which turns me into a horrible person D:

wolves are cool

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window