Author Topic: Rei Izumi's AIR/Kanon Anthology  (Read 4718 times)

Baki

Rei Izumi's AIR/Kanon Anthology
« on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
I noticed that TP originally wanted to scanlate Rei Izumi's -sky- (or was it Postal Work?) which was a collection of her Kanon/AIR crossover doujins. Anyways, I have the raws sitting on my computer. Has anyone actually scanlated/read it?

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Re: Rei Izumi's AIR/Kanon Anthology
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
Ohh, Rei Izumi, fills my heart with warm fuzzies ~ :numnumgiri:

But the project we were going to do initially was Postal Work. Actually, I'm not sure what ended up happening to that one =/ I think there was a group already working on Sky, but, uh... well, if you wanted to post the raws, I definitely wouldn't complain!

Baki

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
Her art is so cute D:

I've read a scanlated chapter before somewhere, but I think the group dropped the project. I wouldn't mind sharing the raws (they're not mine though) if we're willing to pick up both projects...

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
Well, if the group did drop the project, then I'd be all over it as long as Reb's up to the translation. Before I was a Noizi Ito fangirl, I was an Izumi Rei fangirl! You can't bear her adorable, adorable art!

Okay, just found the mangaupdates page for it: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=904

Yeah, we should definitely talk to Reb about it. Of course, I don't have a lot of say since I'm only QC and all, but I think it'd be fun!

Baki

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
Same here! I'm also a big fan of Noizi Ito's art, but I loved reading .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT

Seeing how group has been deleted their site and the other one has dropped it. I think it's safe to say we can pick it up XD

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 08 PM »
Oh, such glee! To tell the truth, I'd been trying to get my hands on a copy of Sky for myself for ages... could never find one, though. The thought of Ayu and Misuzu interacting is enough to make my brain turn to mush  :numnumgiri:

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10 PM »
Ahahaha, I can't believe you remembered that. xD (I deleted all instances from the server way back when! You've been with TP since the very beginning, huh? Nice.)

I deleted it from our projects page to begin with because I wasn't sure I was up to the task of tackling any series besides Datenroku at the time... AND THEN WE STARTED SLAYERS, OHGOD. Anyway... I could probably take it up, sure. I've learned a lot since then, so I think it would be a welcome challenge. =3

Let's see... There was "Postal Work", an odd one-volume thing about a little Postal-girl and the SUPER strange people she met on her mail route... And then there was, of course, Kanon and Air ~Sky~, the cross-over which needs no introduction. After that there was Kanon Wonder Three, which another group ironically picked up almost immediately after I put up our projects page for it. That story was neat, but a little twisted. Akiko was kind of evil in that one. x3

Stupid me, off on a tangent. Anyway, if enough people showed some interest in it, I don't think I'd mind translating any of the above. =3
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Baki

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 10 PM »
Oohhh nice, should I send you the raws anyway?

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 11 PM »
Sure, why not. =P And if I don't approve of them, I can always import them... LIKE I ALWAYS DO, AAAHAHAHAHAHA. Speaking of which, can't wait until the end of this month. Volume 2 of Barajou, WOOT.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline starryangel

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • starryangel resembles dull Tin.
  • ★+rOCK oN★+
    • View Profile
    • ★+νισℓєт & уσυинα'ѕ fαиfι¢тισиαℓ ωσяℓ∂★+
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 12 AM »
iS IT GOOD?
★+รtคггאคภﻮєl★+

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window