Author Topic: What a Translation looks before the first Proofreading  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Anon

• Administrator
  • Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Anon resembles dull Tin.
  • Creator of Awesome Threads
    • View Profile
I went through a process that reliable sources assured me is close to the common methods that translators use to get english out of moonrunes.
  To make it more readable, I decided to post a few explanations and cut it into pieces...
(click to show/hide)
As you can see, even this short piece has some tricky parts "Orchid wheat average woman" might be something that you can pussle out, but I hesitate to try guess what a "chutzpah" is, or what 8000000000000 is doing in front of a year.
Read on for the next part
(click to show/hide)
Here even more tricky parts sneak in, who is Macy Evil? What colour is Ayla black? and does any of them relate to the talented magician she loves? Does she have 16 or 17 thieves?
Clearly, you can see the need for our precious proofreaders.

(click to show/hide)
What are those hidden hanhaeseoyi treasures? Maybe we can get a proofreader here to explain? But what is the Brothers blonde screaming originally? Maybe it comes from the damages side entrance?

This clearly defies my great mind, it requires someone with far more cunning than what I possess... So when a chapter is very very late, remember this page and try to make sense out of it
Call me Lord Grandfather

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
Re: What a Translation looks before the first Proofreading
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11 AM »
That was a thing of beauty, nanners. Stickied for posterity!
This is the first face you will see in hell.

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window