Author Topic: I'd probably commit ritualistic suicide if...  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
I'd probably commit ritualistic suicide if...
« on: January 16, 2010, 05 PM »
I would hate it if they introduced romance into Birdcage. It would kill that mellow, platonic OT3 vibe Kizuna, Asai, and Yuki have going on, and that would make me all sorts of sad. =(

Shoujo be damned, you can be friends with a guy and not want to hook up with them. That's an outdated mindset.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Wisty

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Wisty resembles dull Tin.
  • Brb, fangirling over Tom Lehrer
    • View Profile
Re: I'd probably commit ritualistic suicide if...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10 PM »
I would mind if said romance was between Kizuna and Asai. However, if another guy was introduced as used as a minor plot-point for a couple of chapters, maybe. But then that is a possible introduction for jealousy, violence, and so on...

You know what? This idea never existed.

Offline Haine

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Haine resembles dull Tin.
  • Meh. Sleepyhead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11 PM »
They..
(click to show/hide)

"you can be friends with a guy and not want to hook up with them." was excactly what my friend said. Lol.   :gasp:

Sleepy Residents <3

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11 PM »
I would rage so hard (and this is if it happened) if she hooked up with Asai. SO. DAMN. HARD. Although I wouldn't mind Yuki, lawl

Offline Lucky You

• Heineken
  • Lucky You resembles dull Tin.
  • Hi Miss Alice.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube!?!?!?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 04 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(NOT)
=[
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06 PM by Ringo Starr »

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09 PM »
I actually wouldn't mind if there was romance/no romance as long as it doesn't become your typical shoujo plox.

wolves are cool

Offline Rin

• Svagdricka
  • Rin resembles dull Tin.
  • Love the face
    • View Profile
    • Random Stuff About アニメ
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10 PM »
I second what Clov3r said.

Offline mads

• Heineken
  • mads resembles dull Tin.
  • im a goldfish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 09 PM »
I would rage so hard (and this is if it happened) if she hooked up with Asai. SO. DAMN. HARD. Although I wouldn't mind Yuki, lawl

I find it so hard to see her falling in love with Yuki. He wears dresses! I honestly did not see that coming at all, Yuki being a guy I mean.   :huh:

And even though I don't mind shoujo manga I would really like it if there wasn't any romance in this one as well.

If by any chance there was romance introduced, i hope at least it's done in a non cliche way. It would completely ruin Asai's image if he became some sort of UGLY BASTARD :argh:

Offline Lucky You

• Heineken
  • Lucky You resembles dull Tin.
  • Hi Miss Alice.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube!?!?!?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09 PM »
I actually wouldn't mind if there was romance/no romance as long as it doesn't become your typical shoujo plox.

I could agree to that, because almost every shoujo plays the same tricks...And it gets sooo old!

But I still would commit ritualistic suicide if that happened.

Another shoujo down the drain

*thinks about shoujo with explosions a.k.a happy place*

Offline .Echo.

• Heineken
  • .Echo. resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 12 AM »
I'm kind of torn about this.
I love they way it is. Because it's not that kind of manga that you already know what's going to happen.
But at the same time I feel like they need some love xD
All of them.
If they do go with the romance I (like people already said it) hope the autor doesn't go all cliché on us.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 08 AM »
You know, if it went into romance right away I might have a problem with it, but I think they've taken enough time to develop the characters to the point where that sort of scenario is a little more tolerable (for me, at least). It's not romance for the sake of romance (unlike most of the stuff out there), and I guess at this point a little might be nice =P

I still ship Yuki x Kizuna, but I'm a little more receptive to Asai x Kizuna now =P

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 12 AM »
You know, if it went into romance right away I might have a problem with it, but I think they've taken enough time to develop the characters to the point where that sort of scenario is a little more tolerable (for me, at least). It's not romance for the sake of romance (unlike most of the stuff out there), and I guess at this point a little might be nice =P

I still ship Yuki x Kizuna, but I'm a little more receptive to Asai x Kizuna now =P

It is nice having a romance (alksf;dkajsd) series not start out as romance or character A getting into/trying to get into character B's pants, but as a "Hey, we's bros," kinda thing to begin with.

Hi, I don't make sense now.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline sparklingladybug

• Heineken
  • sparklingladybug resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 09 PM »
It's kinda awkward if Kizuna and Yuki became a couple, I mean cmmon it's obvious that Kizuna has a crush on Asai! But Asai's so not over with his dead girlfriend. Move on Asai! I agree, I think they should all just stay friends. I mean isn't it better that way? I just can't believe that Yuki's a guy I mean he's so pretty when he's a girl! Oh well! I think we should just respect what the author wants the story to be.. Btw, Asai's hot! Hihihihi :rabugiri:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09 PM by sparklingladybug »

Offline Celsia Yew

• Svagdricka
  • Celsia Yew resembles dull Tin.
  • immortal saddness
    • View Profile
    • Himemiya Himiko
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 10 PM »
Kizuna seems to have a hard time being around yuki when hes dressed as a guy, so as long as asai is hung over on his dead girlfriend and decides not to move on, then kizuna should be with yuki and be like a mellow relationship, where they go out to eat delicious pastries every now and then (mmm delicious pastries =w=). 
Has returned from nowhere. :)

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window