Author Topic: Why DON'T you like Barajou?  (Read 8175 times)

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
Why DON'T you like Barajou?
« on: January 18, 2010, 01 PM »
What with twelve chapters down and a million and a half to go, I think we've all got a pretty good idea of the titles strengths and weaknesses...

Emphasis on weaknesses.

So far we've seen that Shouoto can't tell a story to save her life, and plot points, even as important as the yellow rose incident, are barely even given a one-page explanation, and that feels, to me, like the fatal flaw which will eventually kill this manga.

Thoughts? What don't you like about Barajou?
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Wisty

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Wisty resembles dull Tin.
  • Brb, fangirling over Tom Lehrer
    • View Profile
Re: Why DON'T you like Barajou?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05 PM »
The Harem quality to it. It's not realistic and I hate it when they all end up falling in love/focusing ALL of their attention on the mary sue heroine. I agree with your sentiment in that the story is very weak. It's hard to figure out what the hell is even going on, with new ideas introduced but only given one or two pages to explain. What makes me continue to read Barajou is the heroine (even though she's mary sue-ish special), and the art.

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01 PM »
oh my god your sig is bopping in time with my music

I fucking hate the tease of a first chapter. I got excited about Barajou, thinking, "HOLY SHIT DRAGONS IN A SHOUJO =DDDD" I mean, is it so wrong to want an action shoujo? That's what it looked like at first, but instead it dissolved into this stupid harem comedy thing. And don't get me wrong, Shouoto's comedy is funny as hell sometimes (but that might be the part of me that loves loling at bondage), but she's toned it down a lot lately.

AND THE FANS, THE FUCKING FANS.
Maybe it's because this was the first shoujo we've done, but I've never seen such a bunch of stupid, pretentious, self-important teeny boppers in one place, ever. These moronic little twits make me want to drop every shoujo we've ever done, right now. I mean, holy fuck. I saw a forum post where someone said they hoped that blood marriage wasn't in the "gross" way. I mean, what the fuck, is this a bunch of twelve year olds or what? AND THEY KEEP GOING XXX IS SO FUCKING HOT OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP

And don't get me fucking started on the characters. They're all parodies of a stereotype and WOW SO AND SO IS SO FUCKING HOT, except not, and no one has any personality. I mean, the only exception might have been Haruto, but no, LET'S WRITE THE ONLY CHARACTER WHO MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A PERSONALITY COMPLETELY OUT OF THE STORY THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA DON'T WANT TO CONFUSE THE FANBRATS

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY ACTION SCENES, HUH, STOP CONCENTRATING ON THIS DUMB BULLSHIT AND GET SOME FIGHTS GOING ON WHY THE HELL DOES SHE HAVE KNIGHTS IF THEY'RE ONLY GOPHEEEEEERS /RAEG

And to finish this: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT POSTING ANY FORUM LINKS IN HERE I SWEAR I'LL BE HANDING OUT BANS JUST BECAUSE THAT SHIT PISSES ME OFF
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01 PM by Melfra »

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02 PM »
It's Shojo.  It's not Berserk. It's not Trigun Maximum.  It's not Excel Saga. It's not Hellsing. It's not Slayers. It's not MDP Psycho.  It's not Vinland Saga. It's not Old Boy. It's not Kurozuka. It's not Gantz. It's not Bastard!!. It's not Monster.

Hell, there isn't anythign distinguishable from it to almost every other shoujo comic out there.  Lame characters. Lame plot. Meh, art.  stereotypical, derivative, trash.
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Maruna

• Grappa
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Maruna resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03 PM »
I do not think BARAJOU NO KISS is a very good comic book.

I do not think the characters are very good I do not.

I do not think the plot is very good I do not.

I do not think the art is very good I do not.

I do not think BARAJOU NO KISS is a very good comic book.

Offline Rin

• Svagdricka
  • Rin resembles dull Tin.
  • Love the face
    • View Profile
    • Random Stuff About アニメ
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 08 PM »
To tell the truth, I came here for the Barajou. No lie. It's actually my favorite manga. But as this is a sad fact to accept, all mangas have weak points. And here's a few that I've noticed after thinking over it a few times.

The idea of the story and reverse harem is definitely what got me. It's totally different from those shoujo mangas that I've read in the past. The art is well-drawn, the story sounds pretty original from what I've seen so far, and it's rather funny(though I haven't seen much humor these days). BUT! I do find that it's rather hard to follow and that the characters haven't had much development. I mean, Anise hasn't really changed much from how she was in chapter 1. Neither have the other characters(except Mutsuki maybe). Haruto, the best character with the most character development dies off
(click to show/hide)
It's hard to follow because Shouoto gives only a one or two page explanation for important topics. I have to read the chapter again a few times to finally get what's going on.

Offline AutumnRain

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • AutumnRain resembles dull Tin.
  • 秋雨
    • View Profile
    • akisame 秋雨
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02 PM »
1.) Action scenes  :argh: I was expecting cool action scenes but.. meh... they're too short... or nowhere to be found  :blah:
2.) Characters... still no development. Though I'm hoping they would in the following chapters...
3.) Story's a bit straightforward & predictable... Hope there would be twists... :frustrated:

That's it, but I still like it (the art's good to me)...  :cuteface:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02 AM by AutumnRain »

Offline MagmaStorM

• Staff
  • Carlsberg
  • MagmaStorM resembles dull Tin.
  • WTF? O.O
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 10 AM »
I was expecting a more action scene :O
which it turned to be 1-2 pages at most i think xD lol
Artwork is good , but i think it turns to be a 80%  romance and 20% (maybe less) the actions... the story must have some twist not the every shojo type plot.....

Tags made by Moi :3

Offline Lucky You

• Heineken
  • Lucky You resembles dull Tin.
  • Hi Miss Alice.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube!?!?!?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 10 AM »
It's Shojo.  It's not Berserk. It's not Trigun Maximum.  It's not Excel Saga. It's not Hellsing. It's not Slayers. It's not MDP Psycho.  It's not Vinland Saga. It's not Old Boy. It's not Kurozuka. It's not Gantz. It's not Bastard!!. It's not Monster.

Hell, there isn't anythign distinguishable from it to almost every other shoujo comic out there.  Lame characters. Lame plot. Meh, art.  stereotypical, derivative, trash.

Nope it's not.

It's crap! Action scenes!?!?!

Barely any at all. And they're like 3 pages!

I mean C'mon! That's just wrong!!!!
Lastest Chapter Spoiler:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Marim

• Heineken
  • Marim resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 05 AM »
Artwork is good but... The fans are pissing me off because they post weird topics and freaking out about the boys that much
At first that manga was getting interesting but now it moves slowly

Offline Celsia Yew

• Svagdricka
  • Celsia Yew resembles dull Tin.
  • immortal saddness
    • View Profile
    • Himemiya Himiko
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 05 PM »
-I personally liked this manga until i tried to add it to my ultimate fanfic, thats when i realized the characters don't have a personality you can click with and create individual scenes with (ultimately they ruined my ultimate fanfic). I'm actually thinking about killing them off because they are so boring.

-When I first started reading it, I did expect this manga to be the first good shoujo with fighting scenes and intense situations. I expected to much obviously. each scene is a hit or miss, (typically a slight miss) because it leads you up to something exciting that turns out to not be so exciting but rather something casual and like what a 12 year old expectance?

-And it is obvious from the beginning that she'll most likely end up with the stupid red rose. Why can't she end up with on of the other characters? because she allways falls back and dotes on the red rose (i hate saying his name cuz it reminds me of inuyasha).
Has returned from nowhere. :)

Offline LittleStar

• Heineken
  • LittleStar resembles dull Tin.
  • Kaede lover
    • View Profile
    • chiisanahoshi.tumblr.com
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 03 PM »
I start dislikes this mange because of fans! -.-
But after all this comments...
I really start have enought this manga...

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 08 AM »
Wait just a fucking second did someone just say they didn't like this series because they couldn't write it into their fanfic and oh my god what is this I don't even

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 11 AM »
I'd like to contradict this topic entirely and say I love the farkin' hell out of Blazing Joe. =< Just wish it wouldn't be so Mutsuki, Mutsuki, Mutsuki all the time. DAMMIT SHOUOTO, DEVELOP SOME OF YOUR OTHER CHARACTERS!

Although, in her defense, every character's been getting quite a lot of character development lately. It's getting hard to say they're caricatures anymore. (Especially Seiran. Not necessarily in this point of the scanlated scene, but definitely in recent chapters.)

-I personally liked this manga until i tried to add it to my ultimate fanfic
Whattheflyingfuckityfuck.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Rin

• Svagdricka
  • Rin resembles dull Tin.
  • Love the face
    • View Profile
    • Random Stuff About アニメ
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 03 AM »
Just wish it wouldn't be so Mutsuki, Mutsuki, Mutsuki all the time. DAMMIT SHOUOTO, DEVELOP SOME OF YOUR OTHER CHARACTERS!
I agree 9001%
Mutsuki's too emo to get this attention. Makes me wonder about Tenjou and Kaede and how the hell they'll get their share of attention (Seiran already got his, so idgaf).

Wait just a fucking second did someone just say they didn't like this series because they couldn't write it into their fanfic and oh my god what is this I don't even
This made me LOL.
She gave a reason as to why. I think she meant more of when trying to write the fanfic, she realized the lack of personality and then from that started hating the series.

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window