Author Topic: Why DON'T you like Barajou?  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Moonshayde

• Staff
  • Mulled Wine
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Moonshayde resembles dull Tin.
  • The greater of two evils.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blargh
Re: Why DON'T you like Barajou?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 01 AM »
Shit, shit, shit,shit.

Honestly, for fucks sake, lady, TAKE SOME ANATOMY CLASSES!
It's the leeeegs, the legs that make me want to throw my poor computer against the wall. I just caught up on 7 months of this shite and all I can see are the GIANT POORLY DRAWN HANDS AND THE FUCKING SHAPELESS STICK LEGS! I mean, eat a fucking sandwitch, Plant Duchess.
Whem I read it, I'm totally distracted from the story by the hands and legs. For sers.  Also, is it just me, or does that girl have a lumpy head half the time?  And also, since I just read 7 months of releases on SLH right after catching up on this one I realized that... well... it's the same characters.  They even look the same.  Like Cain and Mitsuki.  And Seiran and... uh... shit, the one who liked girl stuff, and Kaede and Rin, and ...um... white plant guy and the former prezzzzzz.  Why isn't there a cute cat boy in this one too?

Also also, anyone else notice the complete sailor moon rip off in the last release?  A sudden ball with the bad guy hiding out, and a masked dude, and a balcony and smooooches. How original!

So.  I do not like this very much at all.  Except the please punish me crap.  I dig that. For the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01 AM by Moonshayde »

Offline Celsia Yew

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Celsia Yew resembles dull Tin.
  • immortal saddness
    • View Profile
    • Himemiya Himiko
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 11 PM »
Just wish it wouldn't be so Mutsuki, Mutsuki, Mutsuki all the time. DAMMIT SHOUOTO, DEVELOP SOME OF YOUR OTHER CHARACTERS!
I agree 9001%
Mutsuki's too emo to get this attention. Makes me wonder about Tenjou and Kaede and how the hell they'll get their share of attention (Seiran already got his, so idgaf).

Wait just a fucking second did someone just say they didn't like this series because they couldn't write it into their fanfic and oh my god what is this I don't even
This made me LOL.
She gave a reason as to why. I think she meant more of when trying to write the fanfic, she realized the lack of personality and then from that started hating the series.
Correct ^_^
Has returned from nowhere. :)

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07 AM »
I get kinda distracted by the hands, too. :< CLAW HANDS EVERYWHERE

wolves are cool

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 07 PM »
Going off topic but I remember how disturbing I found the hands in Sailor Moon...

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09 PM »
the horrors of shoujo
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Moonshayde

• Staff
  • Mulled Wine
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Moonshayde resembles dull Tin.
  • The greater of two evils.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blargh
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 02 AM »
Going off topic but I remember how disturbing I found the hands in Sailor Moon...

Yeah, but more than that, I think the tiny twig ankles bothered me.

Offline kotomi

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kotomi resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 08 PM »
the weaknesses in barajou no kiss are the same as the weaknesses in SLH and all of shouto's other series. Lack of character development. All the characters are very flat and don't seem to change at all throughout the story, though in barajou no kiss this is less of an issue than in SLH. i also don't like how easy it is to predict who the protagonist is gonna end up with. SLH chapter 1: It's the jerk, duh. Barajou chapter 1: KAEDE. DUH. no one else really even has a chance. and although shouoto tries to lead us astray with things like mutsuki's kiss scene etc, i don't think ANYONE's really falling for it

Offline AixxxMiu

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • AixxxMiu resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 06 AM »
Even though I agree with all the above mentioned statements (lack of character developement, same characters re-used etc. ) as far as shoujo goes, her works are pretty decent. I have read some really horrible shoujo, and though she has some art faults too. It is also one of the better shoujo mangaka art I have seen out there.
Most of the shoujo genre is focussed on fan girl service -as I have noticed- but seriously that is not an excuse to let a perfectly decent concept go to shit. At least she has to sort her character developement out and that will already be a big help.
Also as mentioned before i also do see impovement in her art and story, so I stay hopeful that she will turn it around in future.
''I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ''
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Stranger

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Stranger resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 11 PM »
I don't hate any thig about Barajou,it is like one of my favorite mangas. :rabugiri:

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window