Author Topic: Hiyoki/Cain or Hiyoki/Ren?  (Read 5326 times)

Baki

Hiyoki/Cain or Hiyoki/Ren?
« on: April 10, 2010, 01 PM »
BECAUSE PAIRING TOPICS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS

So who do you prefer? Hiyoki/Cain or Hiyoki/Ren? Personally, I kinda like Hiyoki/Ren because Ren's your typical good-guy and Cain is kinda... idk creepy? I get the feeling that it's gonna be Hiyoki/Cain since it's the typical Shoujo pairing... but a girl can always dream XD

I trust you guys to be civil :) Flames = locked
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01 PM by Baki »

Offline MagmaStorM

• Staff
  • Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MagmaStorM resembles dull Tin.
  • WTF? O.O
    • View Profile
Re: Hiyoki/Cain or Hiyoki/Ren?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01 PM »
I like Kuga better for Hiyoki, but it's unlikely it will happen >.<
but as you said, we can always dream xD
but, between Cain and Ren, I more of Ren fan :3
*throws confetti around*

Tags made by Moi :3

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06 PM »
I like Kuga/Hiyoki, but that will never happen. T.T And to tell the truth I forgot who Ren was for a minute... so I can't really say anything about him. -fail- And... I just like Cain cause he looks like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh. -i is a dork-  :razz: 

Baki

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08 PM »
And... I just like Cain cause he looks like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh. -i is a dork-  :razz:

Cain: SCREW THE RULES I MAKE THEM

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10 PM »
I think it's for reasons like this that I don't read much shoujo... I mean, how the girl can be consistently attracted to the assholes is beyond me. And Cain is a special sort of douchebag, you know? I won't get all srs business about it, but I do think Ren's a better match. I mean, Hiyoki isn't terrified of him, for starters =P

Offline Rin

• Svagdricka
  • Rin resembles dull Tin.
  • Love the face
    • View Profile
    • Random Stuff About アニメ
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11 PM »
I like Cain. It's one of those gut feelings that she'll be with him. I'm just saying. Plus this cover kinda screams it as well --> (screw it, I can't link to anything. But it's volume 4) or is it just me? I will say that asshole-like guys can be lovable as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11 PM by Rin »

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12 AM »
She'll probably end up with Cain, yeah, but I think vol4 has him on the cover like that because of how aggressive he ends up with her... I hate how in shoujo kissing = TWU LUV (and that includes non-con, what a great message)

Offline Mikihinna

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mikihinna resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 02 PM »
ahahaha yes i totally agree with that whole kaiba thought, glad to know i'm not alone XD but i only like him cuz he has a certain character level of douchebagery that makes him likable as a character, i wouldn't say as a love interest though >> lol withstanding, i think my favorite is kuga and hiyoki cuz it's just so darn cute and i keep getting that older brother vibe from ren.

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 02 AM »
And... I just like Cain cause he looks like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh. -i is a dork-  :razz:

Cain: SCREW THE RULES I MAKE THEM
...ROFL.

Melly took the words right out of my mouth. =P Hiyoki/Ren seems to be a better match, but the laws of shoujo physics dictates that she must be with the scary, mean douche whom she is not even attracted to in the beginning. (Actually, I can name a few shows that have the main character ending up with the person he/she hates at the start of the show.) I just find it really annoying that you just KNOW who she's going to end up with and that she can't, for once, end up with the nice guy.

wolves are cool

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01 PM »
but i only like him cuz he has a certain character level of douchebagery that makes him likable as a character
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Offline Wisty

• Svagdricka
  • Wisty resembles dull Tin.
  • Brb, fangirling over Tom Lehrer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02 PM »
He's affably evil, I suppose? He's so douchey, that it becomes funny or entertaining to watch it happen? Sue Sylvester from Glee is the first thing that popped into my head thinking about this kind of character archetype.

IMHO, Cain is no Sue Sylvester. He's just a douchey manga character.

Offline DarkMoonHauntress

• Heineken
  • DarkMoonHauntress resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 04 AM »
To tell the truth, I'm a Hiyoki and Cain fan. Yes, it's true that Cain can be a douche and bastard, but he has his good points. I don't know...I tend to overlook the bad things of people and, instead thier bright side(even if thier good side is very limited.) I guess the couple of Hiyoki and Cain is intriguing. Ren's too brotherly for her I guess. All I get from him is brotherly vibes :deadface: I find Cain's possesiveness endearing and him regretting his harsh words to Hiyoki. And Hiyoki's reaction towards Cains cruelty is hilarious. Overall, they both show more emotions towards each other than any other characters in SLH. Cain's evil attitude and Hyoki's angry, sad, annoyed side is, very cute :rabugiri:

Offline KiramekiUtau

• Heineken
  • KiramekiUtau resembles dull Tin.
  • Because that's how I roll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 03 PM »
Gah, it's so hard to choose. I like them both. I think that I lean a little more towards Ren, but Cain's a pretty tough competitor as well.

I'd be happy if it was either ^^

~Proud member of the AnisxKaede Fanclub

Offline kotomi

• Heineken
  • kotomi resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 08 PM »
well, to be honest, from the beginning it was honest that cain was the only one who really had a chance of getting with hiyoki...he's the only character who actually has a personality beyond "OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HIYOKI  :rabugiri:" Ren kind of has one toward the end, but it seems kind of thrown together. "Oh, and by the way, ren's his bro"

Offline Stranger

• Svagdricka
  • Stranger resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 12 AM »
This is tough,they both are cute.But I really don't know who to pick,they both would great couples for hikyoki.I would be happy with either way :numnumgiri:

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window