Author Topic: Staff Introduction: Hi!  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Caireach

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Caireach resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
    • My much-neglected LJ
Staff Introduction: Hi!
« on: May 24, 2009, 05 AM »
Hey there.  Rebmastu said I ought to come over to this forum and introduce myself, so, er, hi! I'm Caireach.  I'll be helping with QC/proofreading.  I'm kind of odd, because I actually enjoy going over things line by line and seeing what's awkwardly phrased or just doesn't quite sound natural.  I even do it to my own writing, which is one of the reasons I almost never get anything finished.  Also, let's see... I've loved Slayers since 2000, and I've really enjoyed the scanlations here, so I'm pretty thrilled to be able to help out.  Also, I like cheese.  Everything else is a secret not really that important, for now, I guess.  :3

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Re: Staff Introduction: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08 AM »
Hey, welcome to the team Caireach! It's good to finally have another QC on board, since being the final step to a good release can be kind of stressful~ But let's work together!  :numnumgiri: As the only two QCs on board, we're now partners in crime! Let's GOOO!! :wahwahwah:

Tom and I were blasting the chat box the other night trying to attract your attention xD You should post in there! (we have a lot of staff discussion in there, too, and it does get confusing for some people  :cuteface:)

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09 AM »
Yeah! Welcome to the team! Enjoy tearing apart my already mediocre translations, lawl. I used to be such a good writer, too...  :weepygiri:

ANYWAY, yeah! Chatbox is where it's AT!
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10 AM »
Welcome! Hope you have fun! But now for the most important question; DID YOU BRING THE KEG!?
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Caireach

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • My much-neglected LJ
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 06 PM »
Um... I brought some Dr. Pepper! Is that good enough?

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06 PM »
I could always stick rum in it! Welcome aboard!
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Caireach

• Heineken
    • View Profile
    • My much-neglected LJ
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 12 AM »
Ahaha, sorry about the chatbox.  I have this bad habit of leaving things open in one tab on my browser while working on something entirely different... though I did catch a few conversations floating by, about zombie pirates and Bigfoot, or something like that. 

Translating and writing are seriously two different things, I think-- granted, I've done a lot more writing than I have translating, so I might be kind of talking out of my arse here, but the skills don't seem to cross over from one to the other as easily as some people think they do.  I've known some people who weren't so great at writing, or weren't when I knew them, but were really good at translating things into natural-sounding English right away.  So, erm, don't worry too much? I think it's normal for most translations to come out a little awkward in the first round, even for people who are normally good with writing.

Offline Revamp

• Heineken
  • Revamp resembles dull Tin.
  • Killing them loudly... with a Chainsaw! RRRRRR
    • View Profile
    • STRIKEDOWN - DOGS RP
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 12 PM »
welcome dude! i was so sore last night i never got around to saying hi. Hope ya have fun around here, and do some good work with your job there.

REVAMP

Offline Maruna

• Grappa
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Maruna resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08 PM »
Oh wow. Another person to work to their own limit during their free time to provide me with 10 minutes worth of joy. I'm thrilled to meet you, and I look forward to appreciating your work in the future.

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window