Author Topic: Most overrated/underrated game OST?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Most overrated/underrated game OST?
« on: June 09, 2010, 09 PM »
So I was thinking about this, but what games do you think people think too highly of, and which one(s) deserve more attention?

For me... Persona 3 has a terribly overrated soundtrack. Some of the music is decent, but those ridiculous vocals really take away from it, imo.

I've always thought Xenogears and Chrono Trigger don't get the attention they deserve. Both pretty good OSTs on their own; too bad Yasunori Mitsuda can't do anything close these days.

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
Re: Most overrated/underrated game OST?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01 AM »
So I was thinking about this, but what games do you think people think too highly of, and which one(s) deserve more attention?

For me... Persona 3 has a terribly overrated soundtrack. Some of the music is decent, but those ridiculous vocals really take away from it, imo.

I've always thought Xenogears and Chrono Trigger don't get the attention they deserve. Both pretty good OSTs on their own; too bad Yasunori Mitsuda can't do anything close these days.
lawl So true. Well, for the English songs, anyway. The Japanese songs are okay. What I thought were the words to the song were completely different when I actually looked up the lyrics.
I've never listened to the Xenogears of Chrono Trigger OSTs, but I loved the Chrono Cross OST. :3

Hmmm... Let's see... I think the Final Fantasy XII OST was pretty good. Most FF fans are all about Nobuo Uematsu, and especially after he left Squenix, a lot of people have been comparing him with other composers like Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masashi Hamauzu, saying that they aren't up to par with him and all. I think they're good, though... XII's OST was pretty good, and XIII was all right.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07 AM by Clov3r »

wolves are cool

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window