Author Topic: Can't stop reading!  (Read 6352 times)

Offline Train/Shinji

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Train/Shinji resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
Can't stop reading!
« on: December 10, 2010, 04 PM »
So, here in Brazil we're on summer vacation, so I'm picking lots of mangas to read...
And in the other day I was looking the series on mangafox and I found this one: GE - Good Ending, and I have to say, IT'S FUCKING GREAT! I mean I liked the main character so much that I changed my nickname on Steam (hahahahahahaha). The story is about school romance, a normal 2nd year student named Utsumi Seiji fell in love with an upperclassman named Shou and she's the captain of the tennis club from his school, so I read the 60 available chapters in one day and I'm waiting for more, I really recommend this one for the people who like funny romances  :happygiri:

OH and BTW, I finaly started reading Barajou no Kiss, and it's very good keep doing the wonderfull job with the manga! (just got a bit sad for the nakama stuff hahahahahaaha but it's ok  :happygiri:)

Offline chanteuse_ciel

• Heineken
  • chanteuse_ciel resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't stop reading!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04 AM »
I'll recommend to you Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan by Kaori Yuki. It's a really nice story ^.^   The Bride of the Water God anyone? O.o
hahaha...

Offline Celsia Yew

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Celsia Yew resembles dull Tin.
  • immortal saddness
    • View Profile
    • Himemiya Himiko
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07 PM »
i got to ch 100 of bride of the watergod, I'm just waiting for the next chapter ;)
Has returned from nowhere. :)

Offline Train/Shinji

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11 PM »
What is Bride of the Watergod about? From only reading the name of the manga, it looks like it's similar to Black Bird...

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kaori resembles dull Tin.
  • Don't leave things in the fridge.
    • View Profile
    • I Get Hacked Too Much to Use This
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11 PM »
What is Bride of the Watergod about? From only reading the name of the manga, it looks like it's similar to Black Bird...

It's been awhile since I've last read it and I haven't been keeping up with it, but I believe it's about a village who sacrifices girls in order to pacify some god but they switched the girl out with someone else or something like that. @_@ I can't really remember that well. The Water god is in child form most of the time? He's adorable though...
Click below to see current work status.

Offline ZippyZippy

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • ZippyZippy resembles dull Tin.
  • bwhahaha! Wait... what?
    • View Profile
    • HopperARTZ
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07 AM »
Everyone tells me Watergod is amazing beyond all belief. But honestly, I find it kinda boring and the art isn't as amazing as they brag it to be. Song of the Doll as a similar plot and is way better all around, in my opinion. (and I'm totally not biased cause I help scanlate it. =p )

Offline Train/Shinji

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07 PM »
hmm....

ok guys, thanks for the info, i'll look for both of them =D

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09 PM »
Heh, most of my obsessions are H/borderline, but if you're into it, I suggest Makunouchi Deluxe and Velvet Kiss. Both are really good :3
As for romantic comedies, Prunus Girl is so damn funny with its "is she/is he" moments.
Ageha o Ou Monotachi is another one I love, by the same guy who did "Those who Hunt Elves" and... apparently it's exactly the same thing. Damn hilarious though =D

Offline Train/Shinji

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10 PM »
Heh, most of my obsessions are H/borderline, but if you're into it, I suggest Makunouchi Deluxe and Velvet Kiss. Both are really good :3
As for romantic comedies, Prunus Girl is so damn funny with its "is she/is he" moments.
Ageha o Ou Monotachi is another one I love, by the same guy who did "Those who Hunt Elves" and... apparently it's exactly the same thing. Damn hilarious though =D

hmm...
yikes! more series to read! thanks melfra!

btw has any of you guys read Ichigo 100%? i just completed my collection with all volumes here (even though i've read it like 100 times) xD

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08 PM »
Can't believe I forgot to mention this. HOSHI NO SAMIDARE. It is just, so... aslkfj oh my god, just read it. Everyone should read this. I don't care what you like, just read it :<

/cried like a baby, bout a million times

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 11 PM »
Cried a bucketful of tears after reading Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan. SADDEST SERIES I'VE EVER READ. If you hate tragic stuff, don't read it. :< Kon no Ki Konoha was also sad. ....ffff they're both by the same author

Gonna give Hoshi no Samidare a shot...

wolves are cool

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12 AM »
I got Wakusei no Samidare when I tried to search Hoshi no Samidare.... Same thing?

Offline Clov3r

• Staff
  • Sherry
  • Clov3r resembles dull Tin.
  • Quality Checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 10 PM »
I got Wakusei no Samidare when I tried to search Hoshi no Samidare.... Same thing?
Here ya go!

wolves are cool

Offline Kaori

• Mad Scientist
  • Staff
  • Dark Rum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 12 AM »
Ah thank you, thank you. And it looks like that's the one I was looking at!

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 01 AM »
Read Oyasumi Punpun. Melly told me to pick it up yesterday, and I could. not. put. it. down. Read the whole 80-odd chapters available in one sitting and I never, ever, ever do that. It's a twisted and heartwarming, erotic and innocent view of life through the perspective of a family of social misfits who are so downtrodden and completely out of luck that you can't help but read it hoping and praying something great comes along their way. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't, but that's the way life goes.

The sex, where featured, is fairly graphic, as is the language. Definitely not for kids (if only for the nightmare fuel).
This is the first face you will see in hell.

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window