Author Topic: Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Tom the Mighty

• teeheeheheheeeheheheehehehehehehehheheheee
  • Staff
  • Port Wine
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Tom the Mighty resembles dull Tin.
  • Darth Condom
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Art Blog
Re: Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 04 PM »
couldn't say for sure
Did you bring home the coleslaw you lazy B#&*@!?

Offline Jali005

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jali005 resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 04 PM »
Could you give me an estimate?

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 05 PM »
Dude, do whatever you want. No one ever said you couldn't, just don't expect to find any support for it around here.

Also, piss up a rope.
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Jali005

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 05 PM »
Dude, do whatever you want. No one ever said you couldn't, just don't expect to find any support for it around here.
Just asking a simple question.

Also, piss up a rope.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06 PM by Jali005 »

Offline Jali005

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 07 PM »
We'll I just wanted to know because if there was a possibility that you were goin g to start some work on it then I would have ceased my actions. But since you're going to act like a little child about it Rebmatsu instead of talking to me kindly I'm not.

And since you can do a better job Rebmatsu then why don't you do it? If you're not willing to do anything and put in any effort, yet still complain about things, and only know how to drag on those who are trying to help then close your eyes, go to some corner, open your mouth and live off the rain and the dust.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07 PM by Jali005 »

Offline Rebmastu

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.Rebmastu resembles dull Steel.
  • Translator of the West
    • View Profile
    • MEIN MAL (Livejournal inactive)
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 07 PM »
Listen, I haven't been nice to you in this thread, but I haven't been overtly hostile, either. If that's the way you've interpreted it, then that's your prerogative, but it wasn't my intent. We have been looking at doing SEDs ourselves, but we need to cull down our projects list first, and if you still want to blatantly plagiarize another company's work after knowing that, then so be it; I have no intentions of stopping you as I've said numerous times in this thread, but your actions will not affect ours in any way, shape, or form. Again, just don't expect to be able to share them around here, because the posts and links will be deleted. Capisce?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07 PM by Rebmastu »
This is the first face you will see in hell.

Offline Jali005

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 08 PM »
Listen, I haven't been nice to you in this thread, but I haven't been overtly hostile, either. If that's the way you've interpreted it, then that's your prerogative, but it wasn't my intent. We have been looking at doing SEDs ourselves, but we need to cull down our projects list first, and if you still want to blatantly plagiarize another company's work after knowing that, then so be it; I have no intentions of stopping you as I've said numerous times in this thread, but your actions will not affect ours in any way, shape, or form. Again, just don't expect to be able to share them around here, because the posts and links will be deleted. Capisce?

No. I'm pretty sure that was your intent, because they way you're talking to me now. I'm okay with it because your opinion doesn't mean much to me.

How am I plagiarizing if I plan to give CPM full credit for the efforts and not take any credit for myself? Look up the definition of Plagiarism before you use it again. I 'll just scan it then upload it online then you guys can take a few years or how ever long it takes you to do it to put out your "More Accurate" Scans.

I had no clue and but knowing how long it takes to scanlate. I know it will be another a year or so. That's why I'm doing this.

And you don't have to ever worry about me posting my links here because there's other scanlators than you guys that can help me if I need it anyways.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08 PM by Jali005 »

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 11 PM »
Jali005, just to start things off, I don't particularly like being quoted out of context nearly three years after making a comment, so I'd like to set the record straight on a misconception you seem to have. At the time there was a fair amount of demand for the first seven volumes, but since it died out almost immediately after we finished the eighth book, I think we all assumed that everyone who wanted to read the series had tracked down the books and went on their merry way, and for a time we dropped the idea. I have had the books scanned for quite some time, but I've been too busy IRL lately (comes from actually having, you know, a life. And two jobs.) to actually do any of the work that needs to be done before anyone else can touch the pages. So yes, I'm responsible for the delay. But hell if I care- I don't do this stuff because I owe anyone anything!

Now, if you feel inclined to insert the CPM text into the preexisting scans, I don't think anyone's going to stop you (or is capable of stopping you, to be honest); there are many instances of multiple groups scanlating a series simultaneously, and many people prefer having the option to choose. It isn't, by default, a bad decision for either of us. But before you get yourself too deeply embroiled into the project you ought to be made aware of the issues that many fans have with CPM's release.

First is the editing problems, which should be obvious simply by looking from one page to the other and quite easily fixed if you're working from scratch. The second, of course, is the translation errors which you won't be able to catch anyway, but the third is a bit more difficult to spot- there are many instances of characters saying lines that are meant for other characters within a panel. The problem with this is that the dialogue is rewritten in the speech pattern of the character the editor thought was speaking, so it's not immediately discernible. Something like this might require some extra research or deeper thought, so I'd suggest refraining from inserting text immediately on each page. Of course, if you're working on the theory that "something is better than nothing",
I'm sure you won't care about anything I've just said.

But that aside, why the hell are you flying off the handle at Reb? You're sitting here saying things like "I don't understand why you're about to burst a blood vessel," and even I can see that she's peeved, but you're the one escalating in here. I mean, you posted a Beiber macro, for shit's sake. Take that thing back to ONTD where it belongs!

God. I thought I was supposed to be the one constantly stirring up shit around here. /meta
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11 PM by Melfra »

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window