Barajou no Kiss

Volume 1 cover
Punishment 01 – The Name of the Rose
Punishment 02 – The Embarrassing Morning
Punishment 03 – Black and White
Punishment 04 – The Color Which Cannot Be Found in Nature
Punishment 05 – Find your Destiny!

available in November from Shojo Beat! (now up for preorder)
Volume 1

Title:Barajou no Kiss (Kiss of the Rose Princess)
Author: Shouoto Aya (硝音あや)

Status: Complete, and Available LEGALLY, IN PRINT, from Shoujo Beat! (Be sure to preorder!)

Summary:
Most girls are crazy about jewelry, but not Anis Yamamoto. Not since her father gave her a rose choker as a child, claiming it was a protective amulet which would safeguard her from harm; however, if she ever took it off (a feat easier said than done!), she would be afflicted by a “punishment” of some sort- not like it matters to her, since the attention it attracts around school from faculty and students alike isn’t something she’s particularly fond of. But after a certain incident causes the choker to disappear, she realizes that this punishment her father spoke of might have been a bit more than she bargained for!

564 Responses to Barajou no Kiss

1. xiaobear says:

thank you so much for the comfirmation m(_ _)m
    i’ve just downloaded the raw scans and realised that the chinese scans only translated up till page 36 (so it’s an incomplete chap 40 OTZ)

Thank you for all the work so far!! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ
    (still prefer to read english over chinese scans ww)

2. anri says:

ohhhh!!! \(^o^)/ i wanna read punishment 34…. :)

3. ScarletRebelllion13 says:

Thanl you very much for translating this!!! I love this manga, and I totally commend you for all your hard work! I can’t wait for more chapters! Thank again!!!!! ‘////’
    \__/

4. Gwinna says:

I am always amazed at how much I love Barajou–and moreover, how much I adore your translations! Nobody does it like you guys; thank you!

5. ScarletRebelllion13 says:

I love barajou!!!! The update is putting me on edge… I ♥ Mutsuki!!!!! ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

6. anis says:

will you still update it online? i saw in mangafox that it is already licensed. :(

Oh, definitely we’ll still be translating it. The question of its license is, uh, fuzzy at best. Technically, yes, the series is licensed, but then again, so– technically– is most of Kadokawa’s Asuka Magazine line-up via J-Manga, and we have yet to see anything from that mass license-spree in August of last year.

Honestly, given the fact that this was announced damn near nine months ago, I’m surprised nobody’s said anything about it sooner. Still, Kadokawa seems intent on two things: First, keeping most (not all) of their catalog in-house, and second, being absolutely unpredictable when it comes to actual releases. (And third, having some of the most hit-and-miss translations I’ve ever seen.) Long story short, and based on my own personal opinion so please don’t take it as fact, I don’t think we’re ever going to see this title legally in English, or at the very least, not for a very long time.

Sorry, I kind of over-answered your question, didn’t I? But if it turns out that this is all some sort of over-analyzed fluke on my part and they really DO end up churning out chapters, we’ll take down the series, no question. We’re not in the business of competing with, well, business.

8. Change says:

thanku thanku thanku :) XD

Barajou translation is greatly appreciated :)

Cant wait to read more XD

9. Misaki says:

Wow! I haven’t come to this site for a while you guys are really translating machines! Thanks so much for all your hard work and such amazing work!

10. mangasstuff says:

hi:)
    i really like barajou no kiss.:D
    So thank you for translating.
    can I ask a question. When will chapter 43 come out?
    Bye :D and thanks :P

can I ask a question.

Not if it’s about the release date! =D

12. ajmai says:

excited with the next few chapters:) thank you for working hard:)

13. Ayah says:

I already finished reading Punishment 34 Othello…
    And I’m like did I miss downloading something?? OMG! When are they going to release this? ;DDD

14. Viv says:

Yay 34 is here! Thanks so much for this, and I’m really excited for the rest of Barajou and Super Darling! ^_^

15. Lauren says:

Thank you so much for your hard work!

16. stormkick says:

Thank you so much for Ch 34! Yay!

17. Resha says:

ano, the files for vol.5 & 7 is damaged. can u fixed it? (I’m downloading it by the way, I’m too lazy to read it online -_-)

18. Resha says:

wait, i think its my download is making the file damaged -_-

I’ve downloaded the files myself for my kindle, so they should be undamaged. I’d suggest downloading again or saving to a different location.

20. Ayah says:

WOOT~ Downloading it already! Thank you so much! We’ve been waiting for this!!! XD Finally~ :)) ^w^