Barajou no Kiss

Volume 1 cover
Punishment 01 – The Name of the Rose
Punishment 02 – The Embarrassing Morning
Punishment 03 – Black and White
Punishment 04 – The Color Which Cannot Be Found in Nature
Punishment 05 – Find your Destiny!

available in November from Shojo Beat! (now up for preorder)
Volume 1

Title:Barajou no Kiss (Kiss of the Rose Princess)
Author: Shouoto Aya (硝音あや)

Status: Complete, and Available LEGALLY, IN PRINT, from Shoujo Beat! (Be sure to preorder!)

Summary:
Most girls are crazy about jewelry, but not Anis Yamamoto. Not since her father gave her a rose choker as a child, claiming it was a protective amulet which would safeguard her from harm; however, if she ever took it off (a feat easier said than done!), she would be afflicted by a “punishment” of some sort- not like it matters to her, since the attention it attracts around school from faculty and students alike isn’t something she’s particularly fond of. But after a certain incident causes the choker to disappear, she realizes that this punishment her father spoke of might have been a bit more than she bargained for!

564 Responses to Barajou no Kiss

1. D_22 says:

Another series I love… TP, your releases are quality.
    <3 <3 <3 to you.

Is the series over? Or not. Will someone at least say?

2. D_22 says:

When is the release date of chapter 37 pls make it as soon as possible!

We’re working on it! School hijacked us all for the most part (Well, not ALL of us, I guess), but we should be back in business in about a week or two once finals are out of the way. Stay tuned!

Have you been hijacked again? Cause I’m dying of withdrawals here!

When is the release date of chapter 37 pls make it as soon as possible!

Have you been hijacked again? Cause I’m dying of withdrawals here!

My (and Rebmastu’s) mom got in a car accident. We haven’t been as available for the obvious reasons. I don’t normally like bringing up things like that on the site so we haven’t mentioned anything.

The series is complete in Japanese at 9 volumes. We are finishing volume 8 and will continue on to complete the series. Our hiatus should end soon.

4. GLMeadow says:

I learned something really interesting about Rhodes and Knights and all that:

Apparently, there were 8 groups (“tongues”) of these Knights of Rhodes — sound familiar? Red, White, Black, Blue, …
    (Though I suppose there end up being 2 extra here, technically speaking.)

5. D_22 says:

Obviously I and other fans had no way of knowing something so serious had happened. You definitely have our condolences and support. I can appreciate your wanting to keep something personal like that private. I certainly hope that everything works out. Best wishes!

6. the chapters will be released as soon as possible or you will be hated by the staff like me

Wow, rude. We have enough on our plates without you vilifying us to victimize yourself. I don’t know who you are, but I promise we wouldn’t hate anyone for asking when something is due out, especially when we’ve been on hiatus for so long.

8. the chapters will be released as soon as possible or you will be hated by the staff like me

i am so sorry for my rudeness i did not know =( please forgive me

9. Fritters says:

I learned something really interesting about Rhodes and Knights and all that:

(Though I suppose there end up being 2 extra here, technically speaking.)

Nice history lesson! She should do a sequel where they fight pirates!

10. erule says:

…i read it in chinese raws, but it really didn´t seem to me like it ended…well, maybe it´s because i can´t read chinese :D so I can´t wait for english translation. Thank you very much for your hard work at it :)

11. keii says:

Barajou no kiss is absolutely AWESOME. Can’t wait for the next update:)) Thanks for the Eng translators. I hope you will release the Next chapters this month though. Good luck!

12. Fawn of the Masquarde says:

Please update ASAP!! I’m desperate to finish this manga!! And I know the series has been completed already, so to be honest you don’t have much of an excuse.

To be honest, providing scanlations free of charge at the expense of my own personal finances and personal time with no hope of recompense sounds like a pretty good excuse.

14. D_22 says:

Sounds like a pretty good excuse to me. Though I too eagerly await the next release, I will do so with great patience. ;)

15. Anna Mae says:

When will you release the next chapters ?

When will you release the next chapters ?

I’m sorry, but none of us can say for sure. We work on the chapters when we can, but I know that isn’t fast enough for some. All I can say is, we’re still chipping away. The first chapter of each volume is always difficult due to the extra material included.

17. blahblah0625 says:

When will you release the next chapters ?

Keep doing what you guys do, it’s always the best quality out there. Good luck with life and thank you for giving us the chance to read all this great manga :)

18. VioletLira says:

Why you haven’t updated in months?

19. blahblah0625 says:

Why you haven’t updated in months?

It’s obvious they have real jobs and lives to get to first. This is the last of their priorities..

Why you haven’t updated in months?

Because every morning I wake up and think to myself, “These people are really looking forward to the new chapter, so I’d better not work on it all because I’m a mean and spiteful person and I want to rob them of all the joy they have in life!”

Legit though, thanks for having our back, blahblah0625, and the rest of you beautiful people. You shall be rewarded soon.