Author Topic: Slow. Computers. 'nuff said  (Read 4217 times)

Offline epikwonder

• Staff
  • Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • epikwonder resembles dull Tin.
  • Sweets. Are. Life.
    • View Profile
Slow. Computers. 'nuff said
« on: February 19, 2010, 09 PM »
Not sure if anyone on the forum has one, but trust me. This thing is lethal. Especially if it's equipped with Vista and other crap.

Well, they're slow. Like, really slow. And that's the main problem.

I'm sure Maru and Rebby already know what's going on. And Darkstar and Storm and Tom. And some others. :P

But anyway, DISCUSS! (Or rant) (Or rub it in my face)

Offline Melfra

• Administrator
  • Three Ships Blend
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.Melfra resembles shiny Steel.
  • Fandom Hates Me
    • View Profile
    • Melfra Likes Turtles
Re: Slow. Computers. 'nuff said
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10 PM »
DOWNLOAD

ACCELERATOR

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rainstride resembles dull Tin.
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03 AM »
switch to ubuntu. :numnumgiri:

Offline Darkstar

• Svagdricka
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Darkstar is a lone Electron.
  • BANNED, LOL
    • View Profile
    • Slayersforever
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04 PM »
 get  a OS that works get Windows 7

yea delicious

Offline EVAANS

• Heineken
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • EVAANS resembles dull Tin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05 PM »
Yeah slow computer truly are one of the world great evils..[along with those bastards that BURN coffee beans of course...]. You should seriously consider Windows 7, yeah I know its owned by an uber corporation that has the ability to crush a small country..but it really is considerably more economical than any previous windows system. I’m running it on a laptop that came preinstalled with windows vista and its much faster and more reliable under win 7. Of course you could always go with either the newest version of mac osx or ubuntu as rainstride said.

Offline epikwonder

• Staff
  • Carlsberg
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • epikwonder resembles dull Tin.
  • Sweets. Are. Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 06 PM »
Huh. I dunno. Windows 7 will probably be a big investment. Ubuntu, well, the problem is I share my computer with some people and I don't think they'll take kindly to my changing the program. x] And my stupid laptop has no wifi connecting ability. But then again, I have to wifi either so I guess that makes up for it. -sigh- ._.

Thanks for the tips though. :]

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03 AM »
Huh. I dunno. Windows 7 will probably be a big investment. Ubuntu, well, the problem is I share my computer with some people and I don't think they'll take kindly to my changing the program. x] And my stupid laptop has no wifi connecting ability. But then again, I have to wifi either so I guess that makes up for it. -sigh- ._.

with ubuntu you can dual boot, so at start up you can pick windows or ubuntu, if you don't pick one it will load the default (what ever you set it to. so, windows.) If you want you can run it off the cd itself to see if you like it before hand :cuteface:.

Offline EVAANS

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 04 AM »

No problem. Yeah fair enough win 7 is a decent blow to the pocket any way you look at it (you can get different versions but they are all pretty pricey). Gotta love computers!

with ubuntu you can dual boot, so at start up you can pick windows or ubuntu, if you don't pick one it will load the default (what ever you set it to. so, windows.) If you want you can run it off the cd itself to see if you like it before hand :cuteface:.

The only problems you might face are if you can't find ubuntu drivers for the components of your laptop. Drivers can be a real pain when swapping systems on a laptop. I’m not an ubuntu user though so I’m not sure if it’s an issue with that system.

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 04 AM »

The only problems you might face are if you can't find ubuntu drivers for the components of your laptop. Drivers can be a real pain when swapping systems on a laptop. I’m not an ubuntu user though so I’m not sure if it’s an issue with that system.

nowadays the only things that tend to have a lack of drivers on ubuntu is printers and some wifi (depends on who makes it, some have full support other have zero). If he was to install with wubi he could test the system and if it didn't work right, uninstall it.

Offline EVAANS

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05 PM »
Hmm it sounds like using ubuntu is a fairly safe bet these days. I might give it a try myself! Thanks for the info.

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 05 AM »
Hmm it sounds like using ubuntu is a fairly safe bet these days. I might give it a try myself! Thanks for the info.
Yeah, if you give it a try I suggest using wubi, just burn the disc and put it in while at your windows desktop and you should get a run dialog with it as an option. If you have any problems/questions message me, chances are I know the answer :cuteface:.

Offline EVAANS

• Heineken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 05 PM »
Hay cheers for that! I'll give it a try, might install it on my desktop, that needs an overhaul anyway! I have been keen to give it a try for a while, now that I know its that easy and has decent compatibility there's really no excuse not to. I love playing around with new systems, that should be a decent study break!

Cheers, theres a distinct possibility that I might have to take you up on that offer!

Offline rainstride

• Staff
  • Dark Rum
  • set the world on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 08 PM »
Hay cheers for that! I'll give it a try, might install it on my desktop, that needs an overhaul anyway! I have been keen to give it a try for a while, now that I know its that easy and has decent compatibility there's really no excuse not to. I love playing around with new systems, that should be a decent study break!

Cheers, theres a distinct possibility that I might have to take you up on that offer!
I only use ubuntu. I do everything in it, even my gaming :cuteface:(love me some fallout 3 :numnumgiri:). Iv been using ubuntu alone for about the last 3 years, so Iv found a lot of the cooler stuff and some of the lesser know things. so if you need any help send me a message .   

・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* .。.:*☆HELL YEAH TURTLE PARADISE CHAT IS PERFECT☆*:.。.*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・

Open in Another Window